Tropical Storm Isaias Approaching East Florida

ShokWaveRider

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Welcome to [-]Covidcane[/-] Hurricane season, we are watching this as it reminds us of Tropical Storm Fay that gave us a good drenching in 2008. Not sure if it will become a full blown Hurricane yet. Watching the Weather channel daily is a welcome break.

Not sure how this will pan out but we will not be evacuating with the pandemic in full swing here.

Stay safe all.

Safe to all in FLA and up the east coast.
Tampa currently out of the cone, but things can change.
I believe the European model has it hitting Miami and then into the gulf and up through Tampa. They tend to be more accurate than other forecasts.

Safe to all in FLA and up the east coast.
Tampa currently out of the cone, but things can change.
I believe the European model has it hitting Miami and then into the gulf and up through Tampa. They tend to be more accurate than other forecasts.

I think the lastest Euro model run moves it to the east of where it had been earlier. Barely skims the east coast of Florida, then heads up to N.C.. The Canadian model might be the only one still projecting a path up through the middle of Florida........I'll have to check.

I think the lastest Euro model run moves it to the east of where it had been earlier. Barely skims the east coast of Florida, then heads up to N.C.. The Canadian model might be the only one still projecting a path up through the middle of Florida........I'll have to check.

Maybe I got the mnemonic reference incorrect.:confused:

The NHC track keeps moving further and further east from where it was. Let's hope that trend continues and it ends up out in the Atlantic away from land, and not pounding Florida as severely as is presently expected.

My best hopes and thoughts to all those living in Florida or coastal areas north of Florida, right now. Take care, everyone.

We have been talking about Tropical Storm Isaias possibly affecting Florida in this thread, but anyone living along the entire East Coast (especially those from the Carolinas to New England) should be aware that the storm could still be quite dangerous after it gets past Florida. Here is a video from earlier this evening from Levi Cowan (a meteorologist who runs the website TropicalTidbits.com) that I recommend folks watch, if you do live along the Atlantic coast. He suggests near the last part of the video that this storm could potentially strengthen after it departs Florida, and explains why. Folks in some northern coastal areas may not be used to paying attention to tropical storm forecasts, but this may be one to pay attention to. Hopefully it will stay offshore and not cause any problems, but it's better to be prepared, just in case.

NC has been battered over the last 5 years, with the primary issue being flooding. The "good" news is this one has good steering currents and should not stall. A cat 1 of wind isn't great, but it is a known quantity. It is the flooding that is a wildcard.

Ah bugger it's a hurricane now.

Not a big one though, at least not yet. We are 1 mile from the beach and were not affected by others that were much, much, much stronger. Fingers Crossed!

Attachments

• Fingers Crossed.png
    Fingers Crossed.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:

Well, at least the winds dropped from 80mph to 75 mph.

But the movement also seems to be slowing down. I don’t like to see that because they seem to strengthen as they slow.

Last edited:
I did a lovely beach walk today at dawn, and now we are under hurricane watch. I see the weather channel is broadcasting from here in PB County.. sigh. We really don't need this, and the poor Bahamas really really doesn't need this.

I did a lovely beach walk today at dawn, and now we are under hurricane watch. I see the weather channel is broadcasting from here in PB County.. sigh. We really don't need this, and the poor Bahamas really really doesn't need this.

looks like stephanie a. drew the beach duty this time. if the storm comes ashore or affects the shore i wonder if we'll see the goofy reports from her and other newsies dressed in rain gear reporting live! from the beach.

Wind prediction now up to 90mph.

European model has it making landfall in FLA, but at a lesser speed. Still around 80mph.

I've been watching a show on HGTV called Renovation Island. One of the HGTV personalities and his family bought an abandoned resort on South Andros Island in the Bahamas. They bought it in 2018 and spent over a year and a huge amount of money to renovate it into an upscale boutique resort. It finally opened in late 2019, got excellent reviews and then had to close a few months ago because of the pandemic. They plan to reopen in October.

South Andros Island looks to be right in the cone of the storm. I hope this place survives. https://www.hgtv.com/shows/renovation-island

Isaias has arrived. Looks like the eye is over the water, and hopefully it will stay there.

Back
Top Bottom