Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community

Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community (https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/)
-   Life after FIRE (https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f29/)
-   -   The Photographers' Corner - 2021 (https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f29/the-photographers-corner-2021-a-107182.html)

doneat54 02-22-2021 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kroeran (Post 2565653)
Playing with my new DJI Mini 2 drone

https://youtu.be/puN5hy4QL_s


Very cool. I have a DJI Spark, amazing technology.....

Ronstar 02-22-2021 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kroeran (Post 2565653)
Playing with my new DJI Mini 2 drone

https://youtu.be/puN5hy4QL_s

Very nice! I have a mavik mini also. Can you give me lessons?

Ronstar 02-22-2021 07:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Still cold here - hiking through the frozen waterfalls at Starved Rock State Park in Illinois

doneat54 02-22-2021 09:45 PM

^^ That's awesome......!

DrRoy 02-23-2021 05:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I went for a winter shoot for the first time, to Hocking Hills State Park, Ohio.
.

Time2 02-23-2021 07:05 AM

2 Attachment(s)
My son took a couple of pictures from his kayak, while paddling down the road after a heavy rain storm.

Finance Dave 02-24-2021 10:56 PM

I need some pointers on better photos with my point and shoot cheapie camera lol. You'll see some of my crappy pics in other threads.

ItDontMeanAThing 02-26-2021 03:27 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Taken while exercise walking in and adjacent to the city park.


Attachment 37909
Two flagpoles.



Attachment 37910
A duck and 2 flagpoles. To create some blur, intentionally shot at a slow shutter speed with image stabilization off. Movement of the trees, leafs, and water courtesy of a windy day.


Attachment 37911
The bottom of my favorite hill for exercise walking.

Ronstar 03-05-2021 08:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ran into a muskrat

Freedom56 03-05-2021 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronstar (Post 2571904)
Ran into a muskrat

Nice shot!

doneat54 03-07-2021 03:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Put the drone up over the frozen lake today, after a 2.5mi walk of it's perimeter this morning. Ice is still very thick but lots of cracking (sounds) going on.

Ronstar 03-07-2021 06:44 PM

^ Wow - nice shots! Do you know how high you were?

doneat54 03-07-2021 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronstar (Post 2573430)
^ Wow - nice shots! Do you know how high you were?




I didn't pay attention, but I'd guess around 200'. I have a DJI Spark, it is very small, maybe 10" across, and it was windier than I had expected. Still AMAZED at how stable those things are in the wind. You can even watch them tilt into the wind gusts when they happen to stay exactly where you park them in the sky. The drone is SW limited to 400' altitude tops. Put it up there, and you can't even see it anymore.

Ronstar 03-07-2021 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doneat54 (Post 2573442)
I didn't pay attention, but I'd guess around 200'. I have a DJI Spark, it is very small, maybe 10" across, and it was windier than I had expected. Still AMAZED at how stable those things are in the wind. You can even watch them tilt into the wind gusts when they happen to stay exactly where you park them in the sky. The drone is SW limited to 400' altitude tops. Put it up there, and you can't even see it anymore.



You’ve got some good elevation there. My mavic mini gets batted around a bit when it gets around 100’.

It is amazing how well gps can keep the drone steady in winds.

blueskyk 03-07-2021 07:54 PM

The Photographers' Corner - 2021
 
1 Attachment(s)
Morning walk. It’s close to home so I plan to check it out in sunrise and sunset light
Attachment 38103

Dave J 03-07-2021 09:21 PM

I have been photographing the Peregrine Falcons that live under the Mississippi River Bridge at Hannibal for the last three seasons. For the first time for me I saw one in a tree with a background besides sky.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...3c930d68_b.jpgDRJL5160-Edit Peregrine Falcon-2 Wt sig by David Johnson, on Flickr

MuirWannabe 03-07-2021 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave J (Post 2573468)
I have been photographing the Peregrine Falcons that live under the Mississippi River Bridge at Hannibal for the last three seasons. For the first time for me I saw one in a tree with a background besides sky.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...3c930d68_b.jpgDRJL5160-Edit Peregrine Falcon-2 Wt sig by David Johnson, on Flickr


Beautiful. After reading CJ Box’s Joe Pickett series, I have learned great respect for these magnificent birds.

doneat54 03-08-2021 08:47 AM

^^^ AMAZING pic, thanks for sharing.

Ronstar 03-11-2021 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doneat54 (Post 2573549)
^^^ AMAZING pic, thanks for sharing.

I agree - great shot of that falcon!

Also great shot by blueskyk in that canyon.

Ronstar 03-11-2021 06:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A smattering of loaded up cutting board shots. Whenever I make a cutting board for someone, they send back a pic of it in use. Put together the montage in photoshop.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.