Best CD, MM Rates & Bank Special Deals Thread 2021 - Please post updates here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chase offered up 5.15% Money Market account. Have to keep $1000 in the account to avoid a $4 monthly fee. Initial deposits greater than $500,000 are subject to approval.

There's a kicker though.

I found the offer in files we are discarding from 7/1999.
Somehow doubt they will honor this antique offer to their valued Credit Cardmembers.

Yeah, that's a kicker.

I received the M&T bank bonus. I was expecting $300 but they paid $350. I can't find any documentation for the amount I received. Many places I looked say I did not complete the actions required for $350. I have a spreadsheet to track 4 active deals but I can't tell for sure how long I need to keep my qualifying deposit in the account. This is work.

Yeah, that's a kicker.

I received the M&T bank bonus. I was expecting $300 but they paid $350. I can't find any documentation for the amount I received. Many places I looked say I did not complete the actions required for $350. I have a spreadsheet to track 4 active deals but I can't tell for sure how long I need to keep my qualifying deposit in the account. This is work.

We do some bank bonus offers, but my favorite is the credit card signup bonus.
About to do the Chase Sapphire Preferred with a $4000 required spend but a 100,000 point bonus. That's like $1000 back for the $4000 spend, and better yet - no tax! The bank deposit bonus shows as fully taxable interest - not as attractive.

About to do the Chase Sapphire Preferred with a $4000 required spend but a 100,000 point bonus. That's like $1000 back for the $4000 spend, and better yet - no tax! The bank deposit bonus shows as fully taxable interest - not as attractive.

Just caught that one. Have a bunch of rental insurance bills plus my house coming up in the next 30 days. Should have that $1,000 deposited by the end of July...

Just caught that one. Have a bunch of rental insurance bills plus my house coming up in the next 30 days. Should have that $1,000 deposited by the end of July...

If extra cunning you can do the Chase "pay yourself back" program instead of taking the cash for points and buy $1250 worth of groceries or home improvement store stuff before the end of September I believe.

If extra cunning you can do the Chase "pay yourself back" program instead of taking the cash for points and buy $1250 worth of groceries or home improvement store stuff before the end of September I believe.

Groceries go on the new Amex at 6 percent, but I can see using the home improvement store bonus. Thanks!

Bank Deal

There may be a viable option to opening, closing and transferring funds that net a few hundred dollars for a lot of work.

Many Equity Index Annuities have bond like returns (4-6%), have somewhat low minimums, $5000, and hold your money for as little as 5 years. One check or transfer and it is done. When it matures rinse and repeat.

Before anyone asks, I am not an insurance salesman and I am not in the financial services industry. Yes the salesman will be paid a commission but the insurance company will pay he/she. Yes there are internal fees but your returns are net of those and as mentioned average 4-6% or more. Also you will not loose any principal. I have used these for years with great results.

Examples? Most of the posts here include specific examples of CD’s, Bank promos, etc. that are available.

I'm going to do it as well, however, I've read that after June 17th the offer will sweeten in the bank along with fee free the first year and $50 grocery credit.

I'm willing to wait 1 week to find out if my bank does it. :popcorn:

+1

Today, savers are not rewarded. Rather, they are punished with low rates and then get pounded by inflation. Big Spenders (or those of us who pretend to big spenders :D) get rewarded.

I'm going to do it as well, however, I've read that after June 17th the offer will sweeten in the bank along with fee free the first year and $50 grocery credit.

I'm willing to wait 1 week to find out if my bank does it. :popcorn:

I signed up just a bit too early. Had a chase sapphire reserve for 4 years. downgraded that to freedom Flex Unlimited about a month ago. Waited a week and applied for chase sapphire preferred (with 80k signup bonus). Oh well...still a good deal....but glad you can all get the 100k! I've read about a few people that have got the fee waved in branch (but not everyone). Seems hit or miss. Good luck!

Business Checking Suggestion - If you have a business (including sole proprietorship), Chase has a good/easy offer of $750 bonus: Deposit $10k and hold for 60 days and make 25 transactions (i.e. debit card or others) within 90 days. Bonus deposited within 14 days of meeting criteria. There is a minimum account balance criteria to avoid the service fee of $15/month, but that can be waved for various reasons.

I just opened an account and my time investment was 30 minutes.

Yeah, that's a kicker.

In 2019, citibank had a $400 promo, my wife received $400 and I received $500. Her promotion description was "Interest Adjustment" while mine was "Promotional Rewards Credit". A bit strange.

Inflation will be more than 6% this year, CD's and saving accounts rates are a losing preposition now.

We never had 6% inflation. History shows it stayed under 3%.

Sorry. The mid 70's were awful, with double digit inflation over 10% in 1974. And at the same time the stock market that was badly mangle by the BEAR. i
Now that can really through a wrench into one's retirement plans. :eek:

Last edited:
I’m going to try TD Bank Beyond Savings promo. $200 for new account w/ $20k for 90 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom