Retirement: Day #1

Marco

Dryer sheet aficionado
Well I slept in this morning......yup. Got up at 6:11 am. That's a 41 minute bonus on the first freaking day! Who knows, I may even stay in bed 'till 7:00 am before the week is out! :dance:

~Marco

.... with a little effort, you’ll be able to push that to 8:30 or 9 in no time! Congrats! :cool::cool:

You get ONE DEMERIT for knowing what time it is. You need only worry about what DAY it is...you know, for the trash. :)

Congrats!!!

Attachments

• Dayclock.JPG
    Dayclock.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 107
Good start, I assume you no longer use an alarm clock. That is the best part, sleep until you wake up without alarm.

Welcome to the club! I hope you enjoy your first day of retirement and I wish you many more.

Beautiful!
I'm still on the 5am schedule after 4.5 years. I can't wait to get up to start each day with my freedom and to all things I enjoy doing. Since I retired I haven't slept past 7am. Lol Too many things to do.

I wish you many more sleep in mornings!

Congratulations. Marko! Welcome to retirement

Well done. Now for the difficult to adjust to task: Whaddaya gonna do allday:confused:?

Good job. After waking up at 4:30am in my career, I now get up around 6/6:30am. Good enough.
It's not just sleeping later, but the wonderful feeling of I own this day.

I always know the time. But I never know what the date is most of the time, and sometimes have to think for a minute to figure out what day of the week it is. I cannot read those tiny numbers on my watch face.

Don't feel guilty about sleeping late. My best sleep is going back to bed around 7:00 to 9:00 am. And I'm often bound to take a nap 4:00-5:00 pm too.

Congratulations for sticking it out to retirement.

Today was also my retirement day 1! I did the same as you Marco, about 40-45 minutes extra morning sleep time. No worrying about getting up on time , no rolling over to hit the alarm and dreading getting out of bed. My DW and I had a nice leisurely breakfast then went for a hike through the woods to the beach. A beautiful winter walk along the almost deserted beach.
Then we were to Home Depot to get a few things for a small project. So nice to shop when the store was almost empty. We started a conversation with a guy in the store and we just chatted for 1/2 hour, why not, we didn't have anywhere else to go. Retirement is incredible, we are so relaxed, I even drove the speed limit on the way home!

Congrats to both of you. Enjoy your retirement your way.

Well I slept in this morning......yup. Got up at 6:11 am. That's a 41 minute bonus on the first freaking day! Who knows, I may even stay in bed 'till 7:00 am before the week is out! :dance:

~Marco

Congratulations! And don't worry about still getting up early - because that extra hour is your own time now!:dance:

Today was also my retirement day 1! I did the same as you Marco, about 40-45 minutes extra morning sleep time. No worrying about getting up on time , no rolling over to hit the alarm and dreading getting out of bed. My DW and I had a nice leisurely breakfast then went for a hike through the woods to the beach. A beautiful winter walk along the almost deserted beach.
Then we were to Home Depot to get a few things for a small project. So nice to shop when the store was almost empty. We started a conversation with a guy in the store and we just chatted for 1/2 hour, why not, we didn't have anywhere else to go. Retirement is incredible, we are so relaxed, I even drove the speed limit on the way home!

I so agree with you! Isn't it lovely to have time to just stop and chat with someone and not be in a hurry to get to somewhere you just have to be?? Hooray for you!

Don't expect to be good at being retired right away; it took me years to properly fall back asleep after waking up after "sufficient" (7 hours) of sleep. Now I can go 8 or 9 with ease, but it took practice!

Back
Top Bottom