Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community

Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community (https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/)
-   Life after FIRE (https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f29/)
-   -   Blow That Dough! -2021 (https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f29/blow-that-dough-2021-a-107327.html)

braumeister 02-18-2021 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmchairMillionaire23 (Post 2563575)
I know $24 is not all that much in this thread but never in my life would I have imagined spending $24 on a single pair of socks.

No doubt about it, that's an incredible price for socks.

However, I have to admit that for the last 20 years I have worn nothing but either Smartwool or Darn Tough socks. They really are that much better than anything else on the market.

TrvlBug 02-18-2021 06:03 PM

$2K for fur baby ER (she had to spend the night). She is worth every penny and DH and I would have paid more if needed. She's on the mend and am awaiting call from vet to see if she needs to prescribe more meds. She's an indoor only cat and her internal plumbing went bananas. We were concerned she had cancer or pancreatitis...but luckily, no on both.

mpeirce 02-18-2021 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braumeister (Post 2563581)
However, I have to admit that for the last 20 years I have worn nothing but either Smartwool or Darn Tough socks. They really are that much better than anything else on the market.

I also found it really hard to spend so much for socks, but Iíve been buying Smartwool socks for a few years now. They are worth every penny!

Iíll now have to look into Darn Tough socks too...

JDARNELL 02-19-2021 03:03 PM

My status symbol when I ďmake itĒ is a new pair of socks each day.

gayl 02-20-2021 03:08 PM

I usually don't spend money on anything other than bills, traveling, annual gifts to charity & kids. That's usually

I've been noticing hollowed out oranges on the patio. New ones every morning. And then I found this animal that's probably about 6" long and completely black running from under the orange tree to under an old deck. I used to have a hot tub with gazebo there. You know the kind that they sell in all of those home shows. Well it disintegrated about a decade ago & I've just left the patio and deck as is. But with what appears to be a roof rat living under the deck I've decided to hire someone to rip it all out. It's extremely large and it's hard to dispose of wood these days so I imagine it's gonna run me almost a European trip worth. Ah well. Didn't travel in 2020 and might not do more than the lake in 2021 so the $$s are just sitting in my checking account.

finnski1 02-22-2021 02:43 PM

New stationary/spin bike and new LED tv(only 50") both thru Amazon.
We walk the dog outside everyday for up to 4-5 miles even in the snow(right now) and 0 degrees but want even more leg exercises and some aerobics.
The 37" LCD 720P tv is starting to get blotchy areas in it and is just tired. Think we've had it for 12 years or more so even a 50" will seem huge at least temporarily.:) Even though the entire first floor of the house is open concept the actual tv viewing area is only about 12 x 12 and we both sit from 6-8 feet away so I think it will be good.

Koolau 02-22-2021 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrvlBug (Post 2563621)
$2K for fur baby ER (she had to spend the night). She is worth every penny and DH and I would have paid more if needed. She's on the mend and am awaiting call from vet to see if she needs to prescribe more meds. She's an indoor only cat and her internal plumbing went bananas. We were concerned she had cancer or pancreatitis...but luckily, no on both.

Yep, DW and I, back in the day, used to joke about owning the Six Million Dollar Cat. She got hit by a car and ended up with pins in her front legs. She also lost an eye. We were gonna call her "Lucky" but changed it to Dusty.

TrvlBug 02-22-2021 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koolau (Post 2566042)
Yep, DW and I, back in the day, used to joke about owning the Six Million Dollar Cat. She got hit by a car and ended up with pins in her front legs. She also lost an eye. We were gonna call her "Lucky" but changed it to Dusty.

Awww. She was lucky to have you.

I estimate we've spent about $12.5K on kitty, 9 years old. This is for non-routine care. She's had 4 surgeries removing some of her teeth (she's allergic to her enamel and has gingivitis), each +/-$2K and a $2.5K hairball :laugh:. She had an obstruction in her tummy causing severe vomiting and we thought it could be bits of our new fringe runner. Luckily she did not need surgery for that one. Needless to say, I tossed the runner. And I decided not to get pet insurance when we adopted these two :facepalm:.

skyking1 02-22-2021 09:05 PM

Our two rescues had a $1200 day for dentals, with chest x-ray for old boy with heart murmur and two extractions for blind girl with Addison's disease, last Wednesday.
She has been our big bill dog with Addisons, daily steroids and a balancing injection every 23 days, regular bloodwork to check on all that, and an infection in her jaw that had me giving her boluses of fluid to keep her alive. We were prepared to get her one good eye fixed for ~5000, but she was a bad candidate for surgery.
They get whatever they need.
Here they are helping my wife in the home office this morning.
https://i.postimg.cc/XJgFnGmr/PXL-20...-141729154.jpg

Stormy Kromer 02-23-2021 11:35 AM

I bought 2 dozen new pair of socks yesterday. One white and one black. Hanes, double tough over the calf extra tall.

DW is cutting up every single pair of my old ones at this moment.

To me, this is a pretty big deal.

Leo1277 02-23-2021 01:27 PM

I recently blew some serious dough on a banana slicer. I have so far gone through my whole life living without one, but during all the free hours the pandemic brought us, I have done some serious thinking about what really matters in life. And after weeks of pondering, it became more and more clear to me that the time has come to splurge. This slicer has a 4.5 star rating on Amazon, and I, like many other customers of the Hutzler 571, spent hours of my life carefully weighing its technical pros and cons which are addressed in more than 6,000 invaluable Amazon reviews. Here is the glorious item: https://www.amazon.com/Hutzler-3571-...dp/B0047E0EII/

Pros - including fixed income options and prevention of serious family feuds:
Quote:

Nosh
5.0 out of 5 stars Really ?
Reviewed in the United States on December 30, 2018 Package Quantity: 1 Size: 11.25" Verified Purchase
Ive always wondered how to get that professional restaurant quality slice. Now i can ! No more paying for those expensively sliced fruits- i can just stay at home. Considering selling banana slices to my neighbors now for active & passive income !
121 people found this helpful
Quote:

Michael J. Corkren
5.0 out of 5 stars This will end all your trepidations concerning the slicing of all bananas.
Reviewed in the United States on January 23, 2018 Package Quantity: 1 Size: 11.25" Verified Purchase
This slicer is the best! For years my household would draw lots as to who would have to slice the banana. More than once this lead to lots of blood and a trip to the emergency room. Now we don't have to worry about loosing a finger or an occasional body part. Slicing bananas no longer resembles a scene from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Thank you Huzler 571! If only we'd found this product sooner my wife would be able to wear her wedding band on the correct finger and junior wouldn't be known as "3 finger Jack". Better late than never I say!
471 people found this helpful
Cons - including pathways to involuntary ER:
Quote:

Emily S
5.0 out of 5 stars Be careful of wrong-way bananas!!
Reviewed in the United States on June 1, 2018
We were so excited to get our Hutzler 571...until we realized that our bananas curved the wrong way. Gonna have to go to the store for new bananas...������
1,355 people found this helpful
Quote:

handler, AZ
2.0 out of 5 stars 3 bananas at most! No way to slice 571 bananas at one time...
Reviewed in the United States on May 9, 2017 Package Quantity: 1 Size: 11.25" Verified Purchase
My expectations may have been a little high, but I have not been able to successfully slice more than 3 bananas at one time. Not sure how Hutzler can claim to slice 571 bananas with this model. A video demonstrating the proper technique would help.For that reason I'd rate this item only 3 out of 571 stars, but Amazon's rating system does not seem to be compatible with this product so I dropped an additional star.
532 people found this helpful
Quote:

2.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, If You Want To Get Fired
Reviewed in the United States on November 5, 2017 Package Quantity: 1 Size: 11.25" Verified Purchase
I was sitting on the couch and my doorbell rang. I leapt off the sofa and ran to the door screaming, “My banana slicer!” I opened the package and immediately snatched a banana to slice. Without instructions included I did not realize I had to peel the banana first. It was a gooey mess and I had to grab another. This time I peeled it, but my banana was too small. It didn’t fill the whole slicer.
I went to Walmart Customer Service, “Do you have any giant bananas?” I questioned. The attendant turned away. I think he was laughing. He called for another attendant, they went to the back, and brought out the biggest bananas I’ve ever seen.
I went home with the bananas. I peeled the bananas and used the banana slicer. It was so satisfying to cut the bananas. I did it all day and forgot to go to work.
I got a call from my boss. “You’re fired!” he screamed into the phone.
I cried. I am no longer Jake from State Farm. I am now just Jake.
1,338 people found this helpful

TrvlBug 02-23-2021 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyking1 (Post 2566111)
Our two rescues had a $1200 day for dentals, with chest x-ray for old boy with heart murmur and two extractions for blind girl with Addison's disease, last Wednesday.
She has been our big bill dog with Addisons, daily steroids and a balancing injection every 23 days, regular bloodwork to check on all that, and an infection in her jaw that had me giving her boluses of fluid to keep her alive. We were prepared to get her one good eye fixed for ~5000, but she was a bad candidate for surgery.
They get whatever they need.
Here they are helping my wife in the home office this morning.
https://i.postimg.cc/XJgFnGmr/PXL-20...-141729154.jpg

That's the kind of help we like! DH and I just brought down a big laser printer from upstairs and we asked our kitties to help us... ...stay out of our way :laugh:. One listened, the other didn't!

Bigdawg 02-23-2021 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDARNELL (Post 2564101)
My status symbol when I ďmake itĒ is a new pair of socks each day.

Have a buddy in SoCal who would buy the 18 pack of ankle socks, wear each pair once and toss them. He started doing that because of lost socks while doing laundry. The 18 pack was like less than 10 bucks. He would buy them on discount with a coupon. I believe he said it came to like 35 cents per pair. He would pack brown bag lunches. Not sure but believe he is worth 10mil plus at this point.

Sarpy 02-24-2021 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo1277 (Post 2566398)
I recently blew some serious dough on a banana slicer. I have so far gone through my whole life living without one, but during all the free hours the pandemic brought us, I have done some serious thinking about what really matters in life. And after weeks of pondering, it became more and more clear to me that the time has come to splurge. This slicer has a 4.5 star rating on Amazon, and I, like many other customers of the Hutzler 571, spent hours of my life carefully weighing its technical pros and cons which are addressed in more than 6,000 invaluable Amazon reviews. Here is the glorious item: https://www.amazon.com/Hutzler-3571-...dp/B0047E0EII/

Pros - including fixed income options and prevention of serious family feuds:
Cons - including pathways to involuntary ER:

One of the funniest things I've seen in a while. Thanks for the laugh.

GravitySucks 02-24-2021 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormy Kromer (Post 2566330)
I bought 2 dozen new pair of socks yesterday. One white and one black. Hanes, double tough over the calf extra tall.

This is life changing!

Teacher Terry 02-24-2021 11:13 AM

I also am buying a queen size sleep number bed where the head elevates. I love our sleep number but it’s a king so letting my ex keep it. Plus the head doesn’t elevate and when my asthma kicks up I prop myself up to sleep and fall over once I fall asleep. Rinse and repeat makes for a miserable night. The bed is about 4K and will order as soon as I close. It will be the last bed I need as you can’t wear them out as long as you can still get a new pump when that goes.

tmm99 02-24-2021 11:31 AM

Quote:

Why is DW cutting up your old socks? So you could never wear them again or...?

Time2 02-24-2021 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Out-to-Lunch (Post 2561791)
I wouldn't be concerned! Mine is a 7 kW.

My internal area is only 120 cubic Square feet. How does yours compare?

Stormy Kromer 02-24-2021 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmm99 (Post 2566997)
Why is DW cutting up your old socks? So you could never wear them again or...?

They were beyond being worth saving or donating. We have a large supply of rags now.

Out-to-Lunch 02-24-2021 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Time2 (Post 2567029)
My internal area is only 120 cubic Square feet. How does yours compare?

Mine is about 40 sq. ft, and about 250 cu. ft.

Finance Dave 02-24-2021 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShokWaveRider (Post 2561549)
Blew Some....

Nice, but I hated working on those things lol. I was an auto tech in the mid 80's through about '91 and worked on many of those. The suspensions were a pain in the butt to work on.

Finance Dave 02-24-2021 10:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I blew about $18,000 last year on restoration of my 1969 Camaro. The work included a new 383 Chevy custom built crate engine and full doghouse removal and restoration down to the subframe.

Attachment 37869

Attachment 37870

Attachment 37871

tmm99 02-25-2021 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormy Kromer (Post 2567040)
They were beyond being worth saving or donating. We have a large supply of rags now.

Ah! Got you. Good idea!

Koolau 02-25-2021 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finance Dave (Post 2567422)
I blew about $18,000 last year on restoration of my 1969 Camaro. The work included a new 383 Chevy custom built crate engine and full doghouse removal and restoration down to the subframe.

Attachment 37869

Attachment 37870

Attachment 37871

Beautiful. Well worth $18K and more to make her look like that. Good on you!:greetings10:

RobbieB 02-25-2021 09:19 PM

Bad ass car baby!

You Rock - :)

jfn111 02-26-2021 06:20 AM

Wow, nice car!

Ronstar 02-26-2021 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfn111 (Post 2568018)
Wow, nice car!

+1.

srpuywa 02-26-2021 12:55 PM

retirement car

We decided not to get a travel trailer so I traded my truck for a sporty SUV - Audi Q7

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...a70691c3_h.jpg

DrRoy 02-26-2021 01:54 PM

I am not a sophisticated vinophile. If I have some alcohol, I tend toward red wine because there are occasionally some suggested health benefits, taken in moderation. I do not like heavy tannin wines like cabernet. I have found that I prefer pinot noir, and I found that $5 Naked Grape was just fine.

On the road when we get dinner, DW likes to split a beer sometimes. One time we tried Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale. It was really good. I found it at home, but it's $12 for 4 bottles, kind of a lot for beer. I wondered if the same treatment would work for wine. A lot of the bourbon barrel aged wined that I saw in stores were based on heavy reds, so I passed. Eventually I tried Cooper and Thief Red Blend, aged 3 months in bourbon barrels. Wow was it awesome! Thing is, it was $28. Plus tax.

That really rankled my sense of value. How could I pay ~6X as much for wine? But it was really good. I decided that I would splurge this once and I ordered a case for $315. (plus tax). Supposed to arrive today.

Finance Dave 02-26-2021 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srpuywa (Post 2568166)
We decided not to get a travel trailer so I traded my truck for a sporty SUV - Audi Q7

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...a70691c3_h.jpg

Love those wheels...nice color too

JP.mpls 02-26-2021 05:29 PM

I've been blowing that dough at my new/old Florida townhome.

Here is the buy list after 4 months:
- New manufactured oak flooring in the upstairs two bedrooms. Paid to have this installed. It looks great.
- All new wood trim, door hardware and paint in the upstairs rooms, and lower half bath. Including ceilings and woodwork. (My labor).
- A bunch of furniture. Most used, but some nice new rugs, chairs, beds and lighting.
- I'm paying to have the sun deck and flat roof replaced. This one was tough, because I think I could have done this myself, but it is being hired out.
- New AC/Heating system.
- New impact windows and upper slider with the reflective glass are on order. I have 3 lower level sliders that I'm not replacing for now. Those babies cost about $3k each, and I am cheap. They are also protected by a 3 season porch, and the tile covered concrete floors on the lower level should be fine if some water manages to get in.
- New landscaping in the garden, with a fancy wall trellis on order for the bougainvillea plants.
- New kitchen cabinets, sink, faucet and countertops were ordered today. I'm going to assemble and install them, replace the back wall sheetrock, and do the backsplash tile.

I have plans to update the two bathrooms next year. They were both repainted with new baseboard trim for now.

I also have a damaged 3 season porch ceiling that needs repairs, or to be covered with some type of material. I'm thinking about a metal or wood ceiling in there.

Wow, we been busy, and we have been blowing that dough.

Take care, JP

audreyh1 02-27-2021 03:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Our HEB has been carrying this beautiful Ahi tuna from Hawaii. I got them to custom slice me some 1.5 inch steaks.

This is what I like to do with it.

(pan-seared on cast iron. Recently I got wise and started using Everything Bagel seasoning instead of just sesame seeds on the tuna before searing. We also drizzle a little toasted sesame oil on it before serving.)

CardsFan 02-27-2021 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audreyh1 (Post 2568835)
Our HEB has been carrying this beautiful Ahi tuna from Hawaii. I got them to custom slice me some 1.5 inch steaks.

(pan-seared on cast iron. Recently I got wise and started using Everything Bagel seasoning instead of just sesame seeds on the tuna before searing. We also drizzle alittle toasted sesame oil on it before serving.)

I gotta try that one. The sesame is good, but the seasoning sounds better (and we have some, so now I have to get some tuna).

Thanks for the tip.

audreyh1 02-27-2021 04:21 PM

Everything bagel seasoning is also very good sprinkled on avocado or boiled eggs.

Winemaker 02-27-2021 04:35 PM

Quote:

(pan-seared on cast iron. Recently I got wise and started using Everything Bagel seasoning instead of just sesame seeds on the tuna before searing. We also drizzle a little toasted sesame oil on it before serving.)

We had some last night, I usually do it on the grill with a cast iron giddle. Last night DW decided to use the oven, after black and white sesame seeds, garlic salt and some fresh cracked pepper. She stuck the griddle in the 500 degree oven for about 15 minutes, turned the oven off, and I put the ahi on. One minute each side, it cooked better this way than the grill! A little dab of wasabi and pickled ginger on the plate, washed down with some very chilled Gewurztraminer wine.

Winemaker 02-27-2021 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrRoy (Post 2568187)
I am not a sophisticated vinophile. If I have some alcohol, I tend toward red wine because there are occasionally some suggested health benefits, taken in moderation. I do not like heavy tannin wines like cabernet. I have found that I prefer pinot noir, and I found that $5 Naked Grape was just fine.

On the road when we get dinner, DW likes to split a beer sometimes. One time we tried Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale. It was really good. I found it at home, but it's $12 for 4 bottles, kind of a lot for beer. I wondered if the same treatment would work for wine. A lot of the bourbon barrel aged wined that I saw in stores were based on heavy reds, so I passed. Eventually I tried Cooper and Thief Red Blend, aged 3 months in bourbon barrels. Wow was it awesome! Thing is, it was $28. Plus tax.

That really rankled my sense of value. How could I pay ~6X as much for wine? But it was really good. I decided that I would splurge this once and I ordered a case for $315. (plus tax). Supposed to arrive today.

DrRoy, always drink what you like! It's great to step outside the box and try something new, and then get rewarded. The $28/bottle of wine is always going to be balanced in acid and tannins a lot more than a $5 Naked Grape wine.

euro 02-28-2021 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by euro (Post 2560765)
Finally, you made me break down and place a $300 order myself ;D

Sadly, they were all out of uni - I guess it's not urchin season...

BTD

Finally, my Sashimi samples came in (2 week delay because of the ice vortex in the middle of the country....)! DW and I just had our first meal - fabulous!!!!

RobbieB 02-28-2021 01:15 PM

Glad to hear. I have no problem promoting Catalina. Their fish is all top of the heap and better than the sushi bars serve up.

euro 02-28-2021 01:17 PM

Blow more dough:

Glenfiddich single malt, 21y reserva rum cask finish Just under $300 after shipping and taxes....

I shall be curious as to whether I can really tell a big difference vs my old $25 stand-bys......

either way, it will last me about a year, so its less than a dollar a day....;D:coolsmiley:

RunningBum 02-28-2021 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by euro (Post 2569404)
Blow more dough:

Glenfiddich single malt, 21y reserva rum cask finish Just under $300 after shipping and taxes....

I shall be curious as to whether I can really tell a big difference vs my old $25 stand-bys......

either way, it will last me about a year, so its less than a dollar a day....;D:coolsmiley:

I'll bet you can. I can tell the difference between a high end bourbon and a lower end one, when sipping. Maybe not between $30 and $50, or $50 and $70, but I can tell $20 bourbons from $80. If I'm mixing, it's a lot less, but I don't use my better bourbons for mixing.

If your $25 standby scotch is a blend, you probably pick up the harsher grain alcohol in the blend that's not in the $300 single malt.

I've got a few bottles of cheap rum, bourbon, vodka, amaretto, and schnapps in my bar but I won't buy more unless it's something I actually really like, like Whaler's coconut rum (with pineapple juice). I don't think I've paid over $100 for anything yet though. I'm not big on scotch.

Enjoy!

Souschef 02-28-2021 02:38 PM

The most I ever spent on single malt scotch was $300 for a 21 year old Glenmorangie in a Caithness decanter shaped like a still.
It was delicious. I saved the presentation box it came in and sold the empty on eBay

skyking1 02-28-2021 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JP.mpls (Post 2568347)

- New manufactured oak flooring in the upstairs two bedrooms. Paid to have this installed. It looks great.
- All new wood trim, door hardware and paint in the upstairs rooms, and lower half bath. Including ceilings and woodwork. (My labor).
- A bunch of furniture. Most used, but some nice new rugs, chairs, beds and lighting.
- I'm paying to have the sun deck and flat roof replaced. This one was tough, because I think I could have done this myself, but it is being hired out.
- New AC/Heating system.
- New impact windows and upper slider with the reflective glass are on order. I have 3 lower level sliders that I'm not replacing for now. Those babies cost about $3k each, and I am cheap. They are also protected by a 3 season porch, and the tile covered concrete floors on the lower level should be fine if some water manages to get in.
- New landscaping in the garden, with a fancy wall trellis on order for the bougainvillea plants.
- New kitchen cabinets, sink, faucet and countertops were ordered today. I'm going to assemble and install them, replace the back wall sheetrock, and do the backsplash tile.

I have plans to update the two bathrooms next year. They were both repainted with new baseboard trim for now.

I also have a damaged 3 season porch ceiling that needs repairs, or to be covered with some type of material. I'm thinking about a metal or wood ceiling in there.

Take care, JP

You are wise to pick your battles, JP. You doing your own trim and cabinets means you are the only one to do the QC on it and make it right, but most importantly it is largely STAND UP work :)
As I get older I realize that time on my knees is not so fun, getting up to run to the saw takes longer and makes more interesting sounds in the joints.
That stuff you subbed out is for younger guys who need the money.
I have made similar choices for the future work I have planned.

Sunset 02-28-2021 03:25 PM

Quote:

I've done the same for the past 5 yrs, but recently decided I'd specialize: From now on I'm only buying white socks.

My black socks look silly when I'm wearing shorts. ;)

skyking1 02-28-2021 03:25 PM

We picked up a 2019 Tiguan premium for DW on Jan 31st. It is a 12,000 mile CPO car that now has 72,000 miles and 65 months of warranty.
https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/d...8ae5d2cb31.jpg
The next day they delivered and installed the RV carport. I had the diesel fleet tucked in there as the crew was leaving.
https://i.postimg.cc/sgN6m4ng/PXL-20...4204394-01.jpg

Koolau 02-28-2021 04:22 PM

Quote:

Back before the pandemic, we used to cruise the local Farmer's markets from time to time. It wasn't unusual to see the WHOLE ahi fish on ice in a trough. Never priced one and not sure if they were sold by the steak or only by the whole fish. They are a beautiful fish.

I'm more of a cooked fish kind of guy, but I've certainly eaten poke and other raw ahi dishes. Funny, when you come from the midwest, you think tuna is what comes in a can and that all fish taste like catfish (or maybe frozen perch or cod or fish sticks:sick:). Then you move to Paradise and find you actually LIKE fish. Who knew? YMMV

skyking1 02-28-2021 04:29 PM

Costco in Hawaii has great local fish and we get it to cook at the timeshare shared BBQ grilles.

Koolau 02-28-2021 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyking1 (Post 2569511)
Costco in Hawaii has great local fish and we get it to cook at the timeshare shared BBQ grilles.

Yes, Costco is our go-to store for local fish. Have eaten more fish since moving here than all the years on the mainland. YMMV

audreyh1 02-28-2021 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koolau (Post 2569503)
Back before the pandemic, we used to cruise the local Farmer's markets from time to time. It wasn't unusual to see the WHOLE ahi fish on ice in a trough. Never priced one and not sure if they were sold by the steak or only by the whole fish. They are a beautiful fish.

One of our best memories from Kauai - Hanalei Bay, specifically - is visiting a fish shop on the bay front and talking to the fish monger. He invited us back to see the fish locker, and he had a whole ahi tuna, a whole mahi-mahi and a whole opah suspended from the ceiling by their tails. They were all huge. And colorful. It was quite an experience. DH has photos somewhere - pre digital cameras.

JP.mpls 03-01-2021 03:49 PM

Skyking,
I agree, but I have trouble letting go. I've always been DIY type, and I'm fussy on top of that. It helped that the young kid who installed the wood flooring did a great job.

Replacing the baseboard trim in two rooms and a bath was actually fun, and way less physical.

The deck/roof replacement is straightforward, but much easier as a two man job, and I have no plans to have my partner help me lug heavy decking material up a story to the deck area.

Thanks for the encouragement.
JP
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyking1 (Post 2569463)
You are wise to pick your battles, JP. You doing your own trim and cabinets means you are the only one to do the QC on it and make it right, but most importantly it is largely STAND UP work :)
As I get older I realize that time on my knees is not so fun, getting up to run to the saw takes longer and makes more interesting sounds in the joints.
That stuff you subbed out is for younger guys who need the money.
I have made similar choices for the future work I have planned.

Koolau 03-01-2021 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audreyh1 (Post 2569553)
One of our best memories from Kauai - Hanalei Bay, specifically - is visiting a fish shop on the bay front and talking to the fish monger. He invited us back to see the fish locker, and he had a whole ahi tuna, a whole mahi-mahi and a whole opah suspended from the ceiling by their tails. They were all huge. And colorful. It was quite an experience. DH has photos somewhere - pre digital cameras.

You're right that they are beautiful fish. Almost a shame to take them out of the sea. BUT, I'd rather eat them than let a great white have them.:laugh: I can picture a 7 year old tourist being aghast at the size of these creatures in the locker or on ice. I can hear him whispering, Mommy, do they have cans THAT big for the tuna.:facepalm:

Finance Dave 03-01-2021 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JP.mpls (Post 2568347)

- New AC/Heating system.

Take care, JP

Need to see a photo!

Finance Dave 03-01-2021 06:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This was some time ago, but finally applied finish to some apothecary drawers in hickory for my office to fill the open holes I had designed in the cabinetry. Can keep small items in these.
Attachment 37948

Attachment 37949

Attachment 37950

Sue J 03-01-2021 08:12 PM

Today we bought DH a new (to us) vehicle. It's a 2017 Nissan Rogue Sport with 38,000 miles. This will replace our 2003 Toyota Camry with 94,000 miles. We bought that Camry in 2005 and it was my car until 2017, then I passed it on to DH. He would keep it forever but it's now 18 years old and needs some expensive repairs so he's ready to let it go.

We've never had a Nissan, we've been Toyota devotees. When DH was making trips to Denver to see his Mom before she passed he'd fly out and get a rental. A couple of times it was a Nissan Rogue Sport and he kept it in mind for when he'd need his next car. Until we started shopping I didn't know the difference between a Rogue and Rogue Sport, but the Sport is a smaller version. We found this one at a local Nissan dealer and test drove it last Friday and again today and this time we took the checkbook!

PAID IN FULL and this should last us for a long time. He's retired and I have very small part time job. We could be a one car family if we wanted but we're just not ready for that yet.

Feels good to have it in our garage. I'd post a pic but it was too dark when we got home.

Finance Dave 03-01-2021 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue J (Post 2570119)

Feels good to have it in our garage. I'd post a pic but it was too dark when we got home.

Congrats Sue!

I favor Toyota/Lexus also...but we've had a Nissan and it was good (not great, but good). It was a Sentra. Had some issues with some of the engine control system modules after warranty...cost us about $800.

Buying a few years old is a smart financial decision. I must admit we buy brand new but that's just because I was an auto mechanic, I'm meticulous about our cars, do my own maintenance, and don't want to inherit anyone else's poor maintenance schedule or other issues.

Sue J 03-01-2021 08:24 PM

I don't know how long car dealers have been doing it, but now they post the original window sticker (derived from the VIN) along with the CarFax when they post the car online. Very interesting how much all the extra features add to the original price. Our goal was under 5 years and under 40,000 miles so this one fit our need. The car had one previous owner for a 3 year lease. Just what we were looking for.

CardsFan 03-01-2021 08:27 PM

Quote:

Today we bought DH a new (to us) vehicle. It's a 2017 Nissan Rogue Sport with 38,000 miles. This will replace our 2003 Toyota Camry with 94,000 miles. We bought that Camry in 2005 and it was my car until 2017, then I passed it on to DH. He would keep it forever but it's now 18 years old and needs some expensive repairs so he's ready to let it go.

We've never had a Nissan, we've been Toyota devotees. When DH was making trips to Denver to see his Mom before she passed he'd fly out and get a rental. A couple of times it was a Nissan Rogue Sport and he kept it in mind for when he'd need his next car. Until we started shopping I didn't know the difference between a Rogue and Rogue Sport, but the Sport is a smaller version. We found this one at a local Nissan dealer and test drove it last Friday and again today and this time we took the checkbook!

PAID IN FULL and this should last us for a long time. He's retired and I have very small part time job. We could be a one car family if we wanted but we're just not ready for that yet.

Regarding Nissan's:

In the past 20 years we have owned 4. 3 Altimas, and one Pathfinder.

Aside from normal maintenance (battery, oil, tires, wipers, etc.) our OOP expense for all 4 has been ZERO. Even brakes (we only put about 60-80k miles on each vehicle).

DW just sold the Pathfinder and bought a new Lexus, but I am looking at a Murano for my next car.

2017ish 03-01-2021 08:48 PM

Last week paid final $$ for April-May trip to Jordan and Egypt. 1 week driving around Jordan, one week Red Sea Aggressor diving, and one week sailing on the Nile and antiquity-tourism. Can't wait!

E.T.A.--pending country specific restrictions, of course.... (and hoping no enforced mask regulations on either of the ships...)

Winemaker 03-01-2021 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audreyh1 (Post 2569553)

There was a small fish shack in a strip mall in Kauai we visited in 2005 and in 2009, it served fish of all kinds. We would go there in the late afternoon for some great ahi, their husbands fished in the mornings, then worked at the hotels in the evenings.

When we visited the last time, we killed some time at the fishing docks outside of Kona. There had been a fishing tournament and the boats were bringing in their catches, while the locals merchants were bidding for the ahi and mahi-mahi as it hung. They were taking the small core samples and yakking up a storm. We had such a great time.

RobLJ 03-02-2021 05:15 PM

I bought a Silverado Z-71 4 years ago to use on long camping trips, with rough roads. MrsRobj doesn't like the size of it, particularly in town shopping (understandably). I also like poster above couldn't convince her to try a trailer and that was part of the rationale, although about once a year it did get us through a very rough dirt road to get to a camping area that we otherwise might not have tried.
So we're selling it to the oldest son the winemaker (two babies and may want a camping trailer) and getting a RAV4 hybrid Prime, since we can use the solar panels for 40 miles battery driving in town and get great gas mileage for the long camping trips. Apparently it goes 0-60 in 5.6 seconds, although I don't intend on trying that out.

I'll post a picture if/when we pick it up; we're babysitting for the winemaker this weekend and will stop at a dealer on the way who just got one, so will pick it up this weekend if available but we may have to wait another week.

The Z-71 kept almost 80% of its value (we're selling it for 60% to the son) and the RAV qualified for the 7500 rebate, so it's not as much of a blow the dough as I thought it would be. I'm getting a loan for 1/3 of the cost, but will pay it off next year since I'll be getting a sh**-ton of taxes back.

DrRoy 03-03-2021 05:51 AM

We have been quite happy with our 8 year old, 55 in. plasma TV. On Monday, it stopped receiving video signal from any source, to any connection port. Bummer. After checking out the current TV tech, we bought a latest model, 65 in. 4K OLED. The picture is mind blowing :o. At $2000 it's the most we have even spent on a TV, but we did get it from our local appliance store for $200 under Amazon. It delivers tomorrow.

audreyh1 03-03-2021 06:04 AM

You’ll love it! We also switched from a plasma.

And a good thing you’re having it locally delivered, because these large thin-screened units are easily damaged when individually shipped. Be sure to check it well before accepting the delivery.

Our first 4K OLED arrived with some kind of strange screen warping down to the base even though the box appeared undamaged. Luckily we noticed it wasn’t straight. Shipper reported the damage to B&H and they had to send out another. Fortunately the replacement unit was in excellent condition.

finnski1 03-03-2021 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finance Dave (Post 2570054)
This was some time ago, but finally applied finish to some apothecary drawers in hickory for my office to fill the open holes I had designed in the cabinetry. Can keep small items in these.
Attachment 37948

Attachment 37949

Attachment 37950

Beautiful work and love the wood tones.

finnski1 03-03-2021 07:02 AM

Quote:

We tried to be a one car family last year. It lasted about 9 months. We are both retired and still had difficulty. My wife missed her car and we only had a pick up truck as our one vehicle. So 2 months ago we went shopping.
She's very happy with her new to us Subaru Outback(our 3rd one) and if she's happy, I'm happy.:coolsmiley:

We have tried various similar vehicles (RAV4, CRV, Toyota Highlander etc)a few times but always are sold on the Subaru AWD system which is very important in NH and our steep driveway.

JP.mpls 03-03-2021 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audreyh1 (Post 2570759)
Youíll love it! We also switched from a plasma.

And a good thing youíre having it locally delivered, because these large thin-screened units are easily damaged when individually shipped. Be sure to check it well before accepting the delivery.

Our first 4K OLED arrived with some kind of strange screen warping down to the base even though the box appeared undamaged. Luckily we noticed it wasnít straight. Shipper reported the damage to B&H and they had to send out another. Fortunately the replacement unit was in excellent condition.

Audrey,
We bought a small Samsung TV for our livingroom. We were going to not have one there, but changed our minds.

Then we decided to mount it on a small wall in that area.

I got the mounting bracket all setup, and was about to put the brackets on the TV, and I lightly bumped the nearby TV with my elbow. It tipped over, almost in slow motion, and hit the edge of the wicker table it was on.

It severely cracked the display. The new TVs look great, and are amazingly priced, but they are also extremely delicate. Not a great way to blow that dough.

JP

corn18 03-03-2021 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audreyh1 (Post 2570759)
Youíll love it! We also switched from a plasma.

And a good thing youíre having it locally delivered, because these large thin-screened units are easily damaged when individually shipped. Be sure to check it well before accepting the delivery.

Our first 4K OLED arrived with some kind of strange screen warping down to the base even though the box appeared undamaged. Luckily we noticed it wasnít straight. Shipper reported the damage to B&H and they had to send out another. Fortunately the replacement unit was in excellent condition.

This is a good PSA. LED TV's are less delicate because they have a solid frame/box around the whole TV. The OLEDs are weird with the really heavy base and very flimsy tops. It was challenging getting it out of the box and hung due to it's weird configuration. I scared myself a couple of times when I started to pick it up like a normal LED TV and the screen flexed. They are amazing, though.

audreyh1 03-03-2021 10:03 AM

It’s a good idea to have two people working on unpacking, moving and hanging these units!

Finance Dave 03-03-2021 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrRoy (Post 2570754)
We have been quite happy with our 8 year old, 55 in. plasma TV. On Monday, it stopped receiving video signal from any source, to any connection port. Bummer. After checking out the current TV tech, we bought a latest model, 65 in. 4K OLED. The picture is mind blowing :o. At $2000 it's the most we have even spent on a TV, but we did get it from our local appliance store for $200 under Amazon. It delivers tomorrow.

Wow, hope you enjoy it! Sounds like you got a good deal.

We have a 58" plasma...was expensive back in the day. Ours is about 15 years old.

Koolau 03-03-2021 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finance Dave (Post 2571185)
Wow, hope you enjoy it! Sounds like you got a good deal.

We have a 58" plasma...was expensive back in the day. Ours is about 15 years old.

Friend at w*rk got one about 15 years ago. I think it cost $10K. His mantra was that he had many chronic diseases and he would die young - so BLOW THAT DOUGH but while he was still w*rking. He would then launch into that song "I'm going to live, live, live until I die" but substituted "w*rk" for "live." He's almost 70 now, still "enjoying" ill health and still buying every toy. It's not my way, but who's to say it's wrong for him? YMMV

Leo1277 03-04-2021 12:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Those of you who fancy cool cars: don't let yourself be pulled into racing with some like-minded friends. In Germany, recently a Ferrari fan club went for a spin on the Autobahn, where there are no speed limits, and this is what happened. This is a way to blow that dough really really quickly.

ls99 03-04-2021 01:43 PM

^ Boys and their broken toys.....

Chuckanut 03-04-2021 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koolau (Post 2571198)
Friend at w*rk got one about 15 years ago. I think it cost $10K. His mantra was that he had many chronic diseases and he would die young - so BLOW THAT DOUGH but while he was still w*rking. He would then launch into that song "I'm going to live, live, live until I die" but substituted "w*rk" for "live." He's almost 70 now, still "enjoying" ill health and still buying every toy. It's not my way, but who's to say it's wrong for him? YMMV

I like that song.

Here's another one with the same message:

Quote:

You work and work for years and years, you're always on the go
You never take a minute off, too busy makin' dough
Someday, you say, you'll have your fun, when you're a millionaire
Imagine all the fun you'll have in your old rockin' chair
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdMWHB6Kz3A

PandaBear 03-04-2021 05:51 PM

Letís see.....this month is bringing:
1. Helping my daughter with a down payment on a house.
2. We underpaid our taxes this year, so owe (oops!)
3. Cataract surgery for me.....$4000 for better lenses.
4. A trip to Hawaii next month.
5. Planning a front yard and backyard side yard remodel.

Our bank account is taking a hit!

Finance Dave 03-04-2021 06:00 PM

Hawaii was great for us. Double sided rainbows and whales.

Dtail 03-04-2021 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo1277 (Post 2571626)
Those of you who fancy cool cars: don't let yourself be pulled into racing with some like-minded friends. In Germany, recently a Ferrari fan club went for a spin on the Autobahn, where there are no speed limits, and this is what happened. This is a way to blow that dough really really quickly.

Is that an F355 in the top of the crash picture?

Leo1277 03-04-2021 06:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dtail (Post 2571795)
Is that an F355 in the top of the crash picture?

I don't know, if I remember correctly they only said it was a bunch of Ferraris. Here is another picture that may show that particular car more clearly. There were also some "lesser" cars involved, some of which can be seen in the second picture I am attaching here.

DrRoy 03-05-2021 05:46 AM

Quote:

The OLEDs are weird with the really heavy base and very flimsy tops. It was challenging getting it out of the box and hung due to it's weird configuration. I scared myself a couple of times when I started to pick it up like a normal LED TV and the screen flexed. They are amazing, though.
Quote:

Itís a good idea to have two people working on unpacking, moving and hanging these units!
DW and I did work on it at the same time. The outer box was configured so that once you cut the wrapping straps, it just lifts off the inner packaging. The screen was so thin that edge on it virtually disappears in the packaging. You have to lay it down on a table to expose the bottom edge and attach the base. The directions warn not to touch the screen, but it's hard to handle the weight from just the screen edge and you can't avoid it flexing a little. We got it done and it's amazing. HD content is so sharp you could cut yourself on it.

oiseux 03-05-2021 01:12 PM

Interloping here, cause I like to follow the purchases... we're still in our FIRE wind down phase and have loosened the purse strings.

Anyway, earlier in Feb there was a thread at Jamon Iberico. Was reminded of it as I was at the corner specialty market for some guanciale and rosette de lyon and saw it on the deli chalkboard for $66/lb. They fresh slice it for you.

Not a blow the dough example, but we finally bought a replacement TV for a spare watching room. That begat a new chest and a new sound bar. But for $230 the 43" 4K was a huge upgrade in price/performance from the smaller 1080p (the chest was say more!). But still looking at the 65" OLED for downstairs but the value delivered for so little makes me question the $2K value for money, even with the better viewing angles.

audreyh1 03-05-2021 09:14 PM

At our Costco last week there was a large pallet of boxes of Jamon Serrano by Noel for $99.99, knife and stand included. I think it was a 14 pound ham. That's a pretty good deal.

street 03-05-2021 09:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I'm sick of driving, researching, reading reviews and finally blow some dough on a vehicle. From Toyota, Chevy, Honda, Buick and Ford SUVS I decided on a Ford Escape.

It was a 2020 hold over with a MRSP of $ 29,945 and with rebates incentives and some dickering got them to $22,023. I also added a trade of the civic and they gave me $5250 for it.
I decided to sell my 2004 truck in a private sale and it sold tonight and got $10,500 for it.
Blow some dough but I felt good about the deal all the way around. So a new ride for $6523. It cost me ~ $384 a year for 17 year for both outfits not including ins. or maintence, but just cost of product itself. One was 17 years old and one was 14 years and both outfits were very good shape and low miles.

REWahoo 03-05-2021 09:57 PM

street, be sure to check to see if the dealer took care of all the recalls on the 2020 Escape prior to selling it. I understand there are six of them.

street 03-05-2021 10:18 PM

^ will do. Thanks!
I just entered my VIN and yes 6 recalls, so will ask them about that and see if any effect mine. Not all escapes will have those recalls but some will it says. I suppose they will be able to check from a VIN#.
Thanks for the info.

NW-Bound 03-05-2021 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by street (Post 2572351)
... I decided to sell my 2004 truck in a private sale and it sold tonight and got $10,500 for it...

Will you miss your pickup? You seem to be an outdoor type who likes to wander out in the back country that is more accessible with a truck.

Out-to-Lunch 03-05-2021 10:54 PM

Congrats, Street! Best of luck!

Sunset 03-05-2021 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrRoy (Post 2570754)

We have a 55" LG plasma, and every now and then the controller stops working, but the problem is dust in the back part of the tv. I blow hard into the back of the tv and the controller works again for about 6 months.

Totally weird, I found the answer a couple of years ago on the internet, while looking for a new controller. :laugh:

Ronstar 03-05-2021 11:51 PM

Sweet ride Street!

street 03-06-2021 07:00 AM

Thanks, hope it is the right decision and can research till your heads hurts and still might not work for you. I have never bought a Ford before so this is a new experience for me.

NW-Bound >
Oh, I still have a ranch pickup and use that for all the heavy lifting and back country things I do. I have had pickups all my life and I would be lost with out one.

just had to many outfits, but I will miss these very much and just because.

Bigdawg 03-06-2021 07:05 AM

heading out this morning to pick up two composite adirondak chairs for the patio/deck off our master. After that two hour drive, we will continue on to a watersports shop to look at Hobie kayak's. $250 each for the chairs and $2500 for a Hobie. Dinner with brother and sister in law, 500 miles on the truck and the total bill for today should come in around $3200. I think today qualifies as a "blow that dough" day.

Dtail 03-06-2021 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigdawg (Post 2572454)
heading out this morning to pick up two composite adirondak chairs for the patio/deck off our master. After that two hour drive, we will continue on to a watersports shop to look at Hobie kayak's. $250 each for the chairs and $2500 for a Hobie. Dinner with brother and sister in law, 500 miles on the truck and the total bill for today should come in around $3200. I think today qualifies as a "blow that dough" day.

That should end up a happy spending day for things you like.

JP.mpls 03-06-2021 07:20 AM

Quote:

Well, I'm sick of driving, researching, reading reviews and finally blow some dough on a vehicle. From Toyota, Chevy, Honda, Buick and Ford SUVS I decided on a Ford Escape.

It was a 2020 hold over with a MRSP of $ 29,945 and with rebates incentives and some dickering got them to $22,023. I also added a trade of the civic and they gave me $5250 for it.
I decided to sell my 2004 truck in a private sale and it sold tonight and got $10,500 for it.
Blow some dough but I felt good about the deal all the way around. So a new ride for $6523. It cost me ~ $384 a year for 17 year for both outfits not including ins. or maintence, but just cost of product itself. One was 17 years old and one was 14 years and both outfits were very good shape and low miles.

It looks very nice Street.
Did you sell off your old Colorado?

JP

street 03-06-2021 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JP.mpls (Post 2572458)
It looks very nice Street.
Did you sell off your old Colorado?

JP

Nope, I still have that one also. Lol It has 165K and is still a great reliable outfit.

Christine 03-07-2021 05:37 AM

Quote:

It looks very nice, Street! Congrats with the proper blow!

f35phixer 03-07-2021 06:27 AM

Quote:

Did you get the Kayak Dawg? We might have to finally meet and do a little kayaking on the Patuxent !!!

finnski1 03-07-2021 07:02 AM

Quote:

Very nice and 27% off of MSRP sounds like a very good deal. Never owned a Ford myself either but did try an Escape once a long time ago when they were probably a completely different animal. Ended up with a Subaru Outback and have stayed in them now for the last 23 years.

finnski1 03-07-2021 07:04 AM

Quote:

That qualifies!:) Those composite Adirondack chairs are much more comfortable than I expected and should last a long time.

Koolau 03-07-2021 12:44 PM

Last night, took advantage of Tier 3 status here in the islands and took a group of 8 friends to dinner. It's not a fancy place but the food is really tasty. I picked up the check which, with tip was about $200 (none of us is a wino, heh, heh). I'm sure lots of folks (me included) have spent that much on a meal for 2 to 4 folks in the past. But last night it just "felt" like blowing that dough as we probably didn't spend $200 total last year on "sit-down" dining due to Covid 19. SO for us, it was BTD even if YMMV.

skyking1 03-07-2021 02:41 PM

Way to go Street. That car shopping and second and triple third guessing and figuring is exhausting. We did it in Feb and it is a thing for sure. We did like the Escape we checked out. Nice rig and many happy returns.

street 03-07-2021 05:40 PM

^ yes it has been exhausting and to many numbers of pricing for to many brands.

The game changer was a Ford dealer that is close to me, all the other brands are 4 hours away. Even thou I didn't buy it from the closest ford dealer I have one close anyway.

My dad would be rolling over in his grave if he knew, I bought a Ford. Lol He was loyal Chevy person.

When my wife and I got married she had a Ford Mustang and we took that home to see my parents one of the first times to visit. My dad wouldn't let her put that ford in the garage. Lol My wife reminds me of that once in a while and both have to laugh.

skyking1 03-07-2021 11:16 PM

@koolau, I look forward to that day. I have not had a nice meal in the islands for many years and it would mean a great deal to me.
@street, the close dealer is a great reason. In the heavy equipment business the availability of support seems to outweigh everything else.

ncbill 03-08-2021 10:27 AM

I want to be koolau's friend...

Last big spend was ~$4000 for laser eye surgery for the youngest kid so he can qualify for pilot in his service branch after undergrad.

After he's hopefully off the payroll next year I'd like to replace the original wall-to-wall mauve carpet in our home with LVP or something similar, at least in the high traffic areas.

street 03-08-2021 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koolau (Post 2573264)
Last night, took advantage of Tier 3 status here in the islands and took a group of 8 friends to dinner. It's not a fancy place but the food is really tasty. I picked up the check which, with tip was about $200 (none of us is a wino, heh, heh). I'm sure lots of folks (me included) have spent that much on a meal for 2 to 4 folks in the past. But last night it just "felt" like blowing that dough as we probably didn't spend $200 total last year on "sit-down" dining due to Covid 19. SO for us, it was BTD even if YMMV.

LOL! That sounded like great evening.