Blow That Dough! -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Closing on my condo on the 12th of March. I have my handyman lined up to paint, pergo the bedrooms and do a few other things. Intend to buy all new stainless steel appliances. Luckily it has a new kitchen except for appliances and hardwood floors except for the bedrooms. Very excited!

Yeah! Happy for you to move on to this new phase in your life.

A lot depends on the individual's body. I still eat a lot of carb for dinner. But if I eat bread for lunch, my fasting blood glucose shoots up past 100. With quinoa for lunch, it's a lot better.

Just did my monthly fasting finger pricking test. Result: 86. I can safely do ice cream once a week with that.
As long as your fasting blood insulin levels are also low, you’re good. Unfortunately fasting blood glucose doesn’t tell you that you are in trouble until way late when a lot of damage has already been done. But elevated fasting blood insulin levels can detect if you are developing insulin resistance (and thus on a trajectory to diabetes) much, much sooner.

Regardless - by itself, eating ice cream once a week is not going to cause metabolic health problems.

Last edited:
$900 for ski boots. Apex Antero. https://www.peterglenn.com/product/apex-antero-xp-ski-boot-mens

It's to replace my ~7-8 year old Apex MC-1 ski boots that are wearing out. In traditional ski boots my feet were never comfortable, and always were the first thing to get cold. Apex boots have a special snowboard-style boot that fits into their ski boot frame. To me they perform as well as any other ski boots I've had, and are by far the most comfortable. My feet feel great and only get cold on super cold days, and the boot part is really easy to walk around in. Much safer too, to avoid slipping on ice in the parking lot on hard plastic ski boot bottoms.

It's about 2x the cost of very good traditional ski boots, but totally worth it to me. I ski 50-75 days a year so I get a lot of use out of them.

Started a house renovation project November 2020, Jan 2021 had me buying appliances and doing the final outfitting. Upgraded from original plans to a bigger and better Fridge Freezer, dishwasher, air conditioners , even added those outlets with the built in USB ports. All told probably added 10k in bells, whistles, energy savings and conveniences. But portfolio is doing great and 2020 living expenses were way down so why not.

Went to the Dollar store and bought five pairs of readers and two pairs of sunglasses for $7.44. I know, crazy. But I lived the frugal life and I have to get more comfortable with spending money I think.

Two hundred on 3 pounds of Bluefin and 12 ounces of Unagi from Catalina!

Two hundred on 3 pounds of Bluefin and 12 ounces of Unagi from Catalina!

You aren't just showing off RobbieB are you :confused: Lol It must be some good tasting fish and good for you!

Been wanting to buy some bison (Tatanka) steaks but the cost is 12 4oz a total of 3lbs for $180. The ribeye and tenderloin are more.

Last edited:
Here is what i blew my dough on. I ordered this back in September. Just came in yesterday. 2021 F150 Lariat. Much nicer compared to my 2013 i traded in.

Attachments

• IMG_1102.jpg
    IMG_1102.jpg
    958.5 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Does a $300 e-book reader count? I've been wanting a Kindle for a while, and now that I'm at T-15 days to RE, I thought I'd splurge as I hope to do a lot of reading!

Does a $300 e-book reader count? I've been wanting a Kindle for a while, and now that I'm at T-15 days to RE, I thought I'd splurge as I hope to do a lot of reading!

Nothing like a good e-book reader. Battery last for day's on a charge.

Here is what i blew my dough on. I ordered this back in September. Just came in yesterday. 2021 F150 Lariat. Much nicer compared to my 2013 i traded in.

Beautiful!

Smooth move there with the new truck:) The '13 was nice then, but so much has happened technology and feature wise. All the safety and convenience updates that rolled out in the later teens plus the latest and greatest. Enjoy your new ride.

The hollow gold rope chain that I bought at the gold bazaar in Istanbul in 2007 finally broke.
I just ordered a solid rope chain instead for over $700. I figure my funds are up so why not?:D

One pound of Bluefin Tuna;

50937379896_2ec2e260d1_o.jpg

Tekka & Kappa Maki;

50937379601_d148748e25_o.jpg

Yeah, I'm a show off - :)

Seriously, this fish is better than what you get at the sushi bar. And no covid to worry about!

That looks great!!
I wouldn't know how to eat that with those sticks thou. You would think with that expensive of Tune cut, you could afford some silverware thou. Lol

I wasn’t able to pass up these prime beef “Dino Ribs” yesterday. They are over 2 pounds each! Smoking them today.

DH was skeptical at first, but I showed him that there was a huge slab of meat on top of each bone.

My husband’s recent Dino bones.

Attachments

• BEB56EE0-BC12-48BC-B56E-755709AD35BF.jpg
    BEB56EE0-BC12-48BC-B56E-755709AD35BF.jpg
    624.1 KB · Views: 58
You are folks are eating like KINGS. If you can, why not!

Two e-bikes arrived via Fedex a few days ago. It took about 3 hours to do final assembly and adjust the disk brakes. These are Ride1UP series 500 bikes. Priced at about $1200 each, they have components and build quality of much higher priced e-bikes. The company is based in LaJolla, and the bikes are built in Sparks, NV. Beginning today, there is no such thing as a headwind or hill in my riding vocabulary.

Attachments

• B329359D-CBAB-4F2E-9C5F-D25F713FB84E.jpeg
    B329359D-CBAB-4F2E-9C5F-D25F713FB84E.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 76
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom