Blow That Dough! -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks all! My 2nd Subaru. First time I'd been at a dealer in quite a while, kind of a shock at how empty the lot was. They get a delivery scheduled and most of the truck is sold before it gets here. I think there were 3 new Subarus on the lot.

New MacBook Air laptop with the M1 chip.

Thought about both an iPad and a Windows laptop, but decided on a direct replacement of my old MacBook.

Ordered an iPhone 13 Pro for me and an iPhone 13 Pro Max for DH at the Apple Store today. I wanted to go in and check out quite a few things. Will probably be blowing more dough next month.

We were able to save 10% discount with the veteran discount.

Good taste, RunningBum. :) After owning 3 BMWs - 2 3-series and 1 5-series, I got so tired of unreliable BMW that I bought a 2011 Subaru Legacy and dropped off my last BMW at CarMax. Since then, I bought a 2012 Subaru Outback 3.5 Limited, 2015 Subaru Outback 3.5 Limited... cheated on Subaru and bought a 2019 Lexus, hated it and dumped it in less than 12 months, and back to a 2020 Subaru Ascent Limited. Love Subaru. 4 Subarus and I plan for at least another 3 Subarus before I kick the bucket.

Good taste, RunningBum. :) After owning 3 BMWs - 2 3-series and 1 5-series, I got so tired of unreliable BMW that I bought a 2011 Subaru Legacy and dropped off my last BMW at CarMax. Since then, I bought a 2012 Subaru Outback 3.5 Limited, 2015 Subaru Outback 3.5 Limited... cheated on Subaru and bought a 2019 Lexus, hated it and dumped it in less than 12 months, and back to a 2020 Subaru Ascent Limited. Love Subaru. 4 Subarus and I plan for at least another 3 Subarus before I kick the bucket.

Mathematically, you bought 4 Subaru's in 9 years, so at that rate 3 more means you plan to die in 6.75 yrs :eek:

Hopefully you are disappointed and need to buy more :LOL:

Last edited:
I just put a deposit on a 2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness. It's on the way from the Lafayette IN plant. I could give some rationale for buying it, but this is the BTD thread so I don't have to, right?

2022_subaru_outback_4dr-suv_wilderness_fq_oem_3_500.jpg

Here's a review:

https://jalopnik.com/the-2022-subaru-forester-wilderness-is-an-off-road-adve-1847930560

What interested me:

"the CVT in the Forester Wilderness is different than the base model.

This transmission not only comes with different ratios but a strengthened variator pulley and chain."

CVTs have been a weak point in the past with Subaru, so this is the trim I'd get.

Here's a review:

https://jalopnik.com/the-2022-subaru-forester-wilderness-is-an-off-road-adve-1847930560

What interested me:

"the CVT in the Forester Wilderness is different than the base model.

This transmission not only comes with different ratios but a strengthened variator pulley and chain."

CVTs have been a weak point in the past with Subaru, so this is the trim I'd get.
That's actually a review of the Forester Wilderness, which I don't think is available yet. I'm buying an Outback Wilderness. But, a lot is the same, including the gear ratios. That looks good too.

ETA: I've heard the complaints about Subaru's CVT, but I've liked it in my '14 Forester. It almost always feels like it's in the right "gear", not bogged down and not revving too high.

Last edited:
Mathematically, you bought 4 Subaru's in 9 years, so at that rate 3 more means you plan to die in 6.75 yrs :eek:

Hopefully you are disappointed and need to buy more :LOL:

Well.... :) We bought our Outback in 2012 after we bought the Legacy in 2011 because my sister and bro-in-law were visiting us and wanted to ensure that we had plenty of room for luggages and such. We passed the Legacy on to my son to drive, which then got totaled when T-boned by a driver who ran the light. My son walked away with sore muscles while the passenger of the other car went on a stretcher. We decided to trade in the 2012 Outback for a 2015 to get Eyesight technology (adaptive cruise control). In 2019, we were golfing alot more and my husband complained of back pain in getting golf clubs in/out of the car, and we wanted the Ascent. However, they were just introduced and out of stock. We bought a 2019 Lexus 350 which was a horrible let down with an inferior adaptive cruise control. Got rid of that for a 22K loss, and got a 2020 Ascent. We are super happy. We usually change cars every 3 years, but I am shooting for 5 to 7 years. If it is 7 years, then we are looking at 21 years for 3 cars. :)

Last edited:
Could we get pics of the study when it is done... ?

Asking for a friend... :cool:

All done, stained, new floor. Waiting on a power, leather Lay-Z-Boy.

Attachments

• IMG_3220.jpg
    IMG_3220.jpg
    628.8 KB · Views: 109
All done, stained, new floor. Waiting on a power, leather Lay-Z-Boy.
That is beautiful!!!

Is that room on a main floor/ground level or in a basement?

Last edited:
I agree with the others - - you did a great job with that room! It looks beautiful, peaceful, and inviting. BTW good idea to pick a nice recliner like that. I love my power Laz-y-Boy recliner and in fact I am sitting in it right now.

Oh Athena. Sorry for your loss. I know well, observing the deterioration of health and quality of life for a beloved parent. There is a discomforting feeling that occurs when one experiences relief at a parent's passing even though you know in your heart that they would not want to continue in a diminished state themselves.

Athena, sorry for your loss.
Dr. Roy, wow that's nice.

I bought a house for DD2. She's wants to pay me back but I don't expect it.
She works 50+ hours a week but doesn't make enough to get an apartment in a nice area let alone a home. Her rent was going to increase by more than the house payments would be.

It's BTD week for me, as I have ordered the Pixel 6 to replace my Pixel 5, the new Gen 3 Oura ring to replace my Gen 2, and, oh yeah, am probably about to buy a 2021 Ford Escape Titanium, replacing my 2017 Escape Titanium, which replaced my 2013 Escape Titanium. I'm nothing if not brand loyal!

I'm still holding a grudge at the Escape redesign, but as I am committed to the Blue Oval for various reasons, there's really no other choice. Not going to buy the soon-to-be defunct Edge, and an Explorer would be overkill. The Bronco Sport is a bit too outdoorsy.

Merry early Christmas to me!

It's BTD week for me, as I have ordered the Pixel 6 to replace my Pixel 5, the new Gen 3 Oura ring to replace my Gen 2, and, oh yeah, am probably about to buy a 2021 Ford Escape Titanium, replacing my 2017 Escape Titanium, which replaced my 2013 Escape Titanium. I'm nothing if not brand loyal!

I'm still holding a grudge at the Escape redesign, but as I am committed to the Blue Oval for various reasons, there's really no other choice. Not going to buy the soon-to-be defunct Edge, and an Explorer would be overkill. The Bronco Sport is a bit too outdoorsy.

Merry early Christmas to me!
Well good for you on your new purchases. I see you are an Escape loyal customer. Last spring (2021) we purchased one and have enjoyed the car. I have never owned a Ford product so I hope I have a good experience with them.

I have ordered the Pixel 6 to replace my Pixel 5

My Pixel 6 Pro (to replace my Pixel 2 XL) arrived a couple of days ago - I'm impressed so far.

Well good for you on your new purchases. I see you are an Escape loyal customer. Last spring (2021) we purchased one and have enjoyed the car. I have never owned a Ford product so I hope I have a good experience with them.
I have adored the Escapes, especially when they are fully loaded. :) I do a lot of road trips, and with adaptive cruise control and the comfort of the driver's seat I always say I feel more like Mr. Sulu monitoring the systems from the bridge! I hope you continue to enjoy yours.

WE got ours in Dec 20 and are very happy with it..it's the hybrid titanium and the mileage boost from the hybid is outstanding.

Is her rent going to increase by "more" than the house payments would be or did you really mean that the rent would now be more than the house payments?
Total rent would be more than mortgage, taxes, and insurance starting in December. Very close to current rent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom