Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community

Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community (https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/)
-   Life after FIRE (https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f29/)
-   -   Blow That Dough! -2021 (https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f29/blow-that-dough-2021-a-107327.html)

Teacher Terry 10-30-2021 07:50 PM

Thanks Souschef!

Philliefan33 10-31-2021 05:13 PM

Itís full-sized candy bars for the trick or treaters this year

Koolau 10-31-2021 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philliefan33 (Post 2682851)
Itís full-sized candy bars for the trick or treaters this year

The word will spread quickly! Our old neighborhood had quite an efficient kid-network at Halloween. Be prepared with plenty of extras.

Philliefan33 10-31-2021 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koolau (Post 2682857)
The word will spread quickly! Our old neighborhood had quite an efficient kid-network at Halloween. Be prepared with plenty of extras.

Only 21 kids came to the door. Iíve got an unopened box of bars to be returned to Costco.

RobbieB 10-31-2021 06:44 PM

Wifey bought a bag of "cheap crap" to give out. Mostly because we don't get a lot of kids and she will eat the good stuff left over.

Me I like the good stuff and look forward to leftovers.

I bought a bag of "good stuff", because I don't want any tricks because the treats suck - :)

MRG 10-31-2021 06:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This girl came to our home today. She's 6 pounds and 9.5 weeks old. Her mom was a mini bernedoodle and daddy was a tri color toy poodle. She's settling in nicely. I'm not sure if a pet is BTD but yes it was. Attachment 40744

NW-Bound 10-31-2021 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronstar (Post 2682153)
Itís more fun to count acres than it is to count money. Acres provide enjoyment. Money just sits there.

Do the acres mean more work? I don't think I want to spend money to buy work.

aja8888 10-31-2021 07:22 PM

No kids come to our neighborhood on Halloween. We live in a 55+ community of old farts. BUT, today I went to DD's house and hit her candy bowl before they hand it out tonight. I plan well.;D

Ronstar 10-31-2021 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NW-Bound (Post 2682923)

Sometimes more acres mean more work. But work is relative. What is work to some is pleasure to others. And if work needs to be done, just hire someone to do it.

IMO, the fun that can be had on a vacant piece of rural land more than makes up for the little bit of work (if any) needed to maintain it.

street 10-31-2021 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NW-Bound (Post 2682923)

No work involved in my case unless I want to make work out of it. I enjoy working the land and making improvements. Most improvements really don't cost anything but time and I have time and enjoy that type of work.

Forest, river frontage and wildlife land doesn't take any work at all. The ag land is done by someone else.

RobbieB 10-31-2021 08:21 PM

I like to work on my boat. Takes me down endless miles of river frontage between thousands of acres of ag land. Where the asparagus grows - :)

street 10-31-2021 08:49 PM

Robbie, I love asparagus also and have it growing wild along a crick. That reminds me I need to walk some of that crick and cut the summer growth down to the ground.

pacergal 11-01-2021 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRG (Post 2682907)
This girl came to our home today. She's 6 pounds and 9.5 weeks old. Her mom was a mini bernedoodle and daddy was a tri color toy poodle. She's settling in nicely. I'm not sure if a pet is BTD but yes it was. Attachment 40744

So cute!!

finnski1 11-01-2021 09:39 AM

Minor BTD. 4 new pairs of hiking boots. 2 each for DW and me. One pair of 3 season boots, one pair of insulated hiking boots for snow shoeing and winter hiking. Also each got new pair of hiking pants. $700.
Miles of great hiking. Priceless.:)

street 11-02-2021 03:34 PM

My billfold got lighter today. I been in the process for about 7 months of purchasing more land bordering the ranch. Well, today it all come together, with the final money wired this AM. I just got word that the money is in sellers account and the deed/survey is on it's way to the recorder. So, I have a lot less money to count now, but I'm very excited about the new purchase. I will get much enjoyment from the new property.

finnski1 11-02-2021 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by street (Post 2683948)
My billfold got lighter today. I been in the process for about 7 months of purchasing more land bordering the ranch. Well, today it all come together, with the final money wired this AM. I just got word that the money is in sellers account and the deed/survey is on it's way to the recorder. So, I have a lot less money to count now, but I'm very excited about the new purchase. I will get much enjoyment from the new property.

congrats!. I know the whole process took a while.

Koolau 11-02-2021 03:57 PM

Quote:

Yayyy!:dance:

Ronstar 11-02-2021 05:32 PM

Quote:

Congrats! Let the fun begin!

RobbieB 11-02-2021 05:39 PM

I know you will. You spend a lot of time outdoors!

GravitySucks 11-02-2021 06:44 PM

Congrats Street