My Annual IRS IP PIN Waiting Game Has Started

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I got my tax info hacked a few years back. As a result, now every year I get a new IP PIN from the IRS that is used in order to do my taxes.

Through the post office I have that service that shows a scan of the envelops coming through so I get an image of the envelops before they arrive in my mailbox.

On Monday, I saw a scan from the IRS and I'm pretty sure that's for the IP pin. Today is Thursday and the letter hasn't arrived yet :(.

Last year I waited and waited but never got the letter. There is supposedly a method to retrieve the PIN via an IRS web site. But from what I read, once a create IRS account is locked (which mine is :mad:), there's no way to unlock.

Last year, I was able to call an IRS number, eventually reach a human who quizzed me to verify who I am and then get another letter sent with the PIN in the nick of time for my taxes. Hope I don't have to do that again.

The wait continues ... :mad:.

The mail service around is is really really goofy since early November. My brother lives 50 miles away sent me an Xmas package that went to 4 different post office locations before being delivered 10 days late.

Agree about mail. My sister mailed a birthday card for DW whose birthday is 12/22. We got it on 5 Jan:(

I got my letter at the en of December. Showed up right on the day indicated by USPS Informed delivery. I got a little worried to see an IRS letter until I remembered the PIN. d

Happy days are here again! I received my IRS PIN in the mail today :dance:.
One less thing to worry about.

The USPS informed delivery double clutched. Email on Monday said the letter would arrive. Then an email today said the letter would arrive and it did :cool:.

Back
Top Bottom