Wanted to retire at 35 - posting for a friend

HawkeyeNFO

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/25/billionaire-mark-cuban-says-goal-was-to-retire-by-35.html

“My whole goal when I started [working] was to retire by the time I was 35,” Mark Cuban recalled during Friday’s episode of ABC’s “Shark Tank,” “because the one thing you can never buy is time.”

“I wanted my time to myself. That’s the one thing you don’t get a second shot at. And I was willing to give up a lot to get there,” the entrepreneur and investor said in November on the “Raising The Bar” podcast.

Cuban had the idea after reading the 1988 book “Cashing in on the American Dream: How to Retire at 35” by Paul Terhorst, he told CNN Money in 2017. Feeling inspired, Cuban believed that “if you could save up to $1 million and live like a student, you could retire” early.

And then he got bored and had lifestyle creep, and then made 1000x more money.

'Soon after, Cuban realized he could use his wealth to “do things that buy time".

“I stopped trying to just make as much money as I could a long time ago,” he added. “I got enough money. I value my time a lot more than my next dollar.”

So his number ended up being $6B.

Back
Top Bottom