Vision Insurance

jpeter1093

Recycles dryer sheets
We had VSP Vision insurance, got exams and glasses; then cancelled. Am I wrong in assuming I can start it again for a month or 2, get exams and glasses; then cancel again?

This is why we can't have nice things...

Thanks for the helpful information. Any suggestions for fake names and email addresses to use? I'm ASKING if that is a legitimate insurance process...ie, perhaps the premiums cover the small amount they pay towards the glasses. But you do you.

Their plans cover 1 pair of glasses every 12 months, I'm pretty sure they would not cover the second pair if you signed up again but I could be wrong.
Curious why you would need another exam so soon, couldn't you just use the same prescription? I think they're good for a year.
You could also buy the 2nd pair online at one of the discount places like zennioptical.com or goggles4u.com for cheap

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to accomplish here..

Their plans cover 1 pair of glasses every 12 months, I'm pretty sure they would not cover the second pair if you signed up again but I could be wrong.
Curious why you would need another exam so soon, couldn't you just use the same prescription? I think they're good for a year.
You could also buy the 2nd pair online at one of the discount places like zennioptical.com or goggles4u.com for cheap

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to accomplish here..

We cancelled the insurance last year after we got our glasses. I mean, we signed up for the insurance because we needed glasses - we weren't on it for a year when we got our exams and glasses. I think maybe 7 months? That got me thinking, what's to stop anyone from signing up, getting glasses, cancelling, then signing up again the following year and repeating the process

My individual dental plan clearly says 12 month commitment.
I just checked VSP and it says the same. I assume if you didn't pay they would cancel you put you on some kind of list that probably gets shared with other companies and you risk becoming uninsurable.
AKA the ne'er do well list:LOL:
Definitely not worth the hassle in my opinion.

My individual dental plan clearly says 12 month commitment.
I just checked VSP and it says the same. I assume if you didn't pay they would cancel you put you on some kind of list that probably gets shared with other companies and you risk becoming uninsurable.
AKA the ne'er do well list:LOL:
Definitely not worth the hassle in my opinion.

Thank you! Exactly the info I was looking for. I do think we cancelled before the 12 months was up, but maybe I'm mis-remembering. A 12 month commitment would make the most sense - I just couldn't find that on their website

Back
Top Bottom