Blooom

LimaPop

Dryer sheet aficionado
I have been using Blooom with my 401k and IRA. The robo investments have been good and it’s very affordable. Anyone else give them a try?

I tell my kids that robo investing is the way I would go if I was in their shoes. I'm curious how different their recommendations are than a typical 60/40 diversified portfolio is. Do they take a position on things like inflation or how expensive the market is?

My understanding is they take inflation, time to retirement, risk tolerance into consideration, they also work within the set constraints of a 401k in terms of funds to pick. Their picks do change as you age and get closer to the need date.

@LimaPop what portfolio return has the Bloom service delivered YTD?

I had registered with blooom but never sign up for a plan. I got an email yesterday offering me a free year of service for teachers, presumably because the only account I have registered there is a 403b from TIAA.

It wasn't showing the free price when I went to sign up using the link they sent me, but when I got to the payment page, it does show it being free for all three plans, even the $250/yr that includes multiple retirement accounts. Enter the code TEACH on the payment page if you do not enter with the special link (which I have been able to figure out without including my personalized link, so I cannot share it here).

You need to give them a credit card to be billed in 2022, although Google Pay is an option, and presumably I can remove the authorization before then, or cancel the renewal. Also not clear it will work if you do not have a 403b registered.

Here's what they sent:

It’s Teacher Appreciation Day.
ALL YEAR LONG.

Are you a teacher or know one? Don’t be mistaken, we see you out there hustling during the pandemic! While you’re buying school supplies and coordinating virtual (or masked) activities, let us navigate your retirement. Sign up your 403b account today using the code TEACH and receive for one free year of blooom to get on track for retirement.

use promo code
TEACH
for one free year

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom