Selling a trades business...

kgtest

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Any tips on selling a tree care business. I worry because I feel like much of the production comes from me. So, almost a Sole Proprietor. Sure I have a book of business, equipment, assets, marketing material, insurance, contracts and bid forms etc.

After 10months of investing back into the business, I am net income positive after expenses. I had to buy a lot of stuff. The business is picking up with the word of mouth. I figure I could double my net profits in the next 10 months fairly easily.

Do I continue on and invest more in the business and assets...or sell out and just drop that cash in the market. I had always planned on selling out, its dangerous work...but I kinda like the thrill and cash.

What does ER say? :confused: ;)

Well, I am not a fan of hard w*rk and what you describe would be an instant disqualifier for me. I like my money to work for me...I don't want to work for my money. Plus, that is pretty dangerous w*rk.

So...you can probably guess my answer.

Any tips on selling a tree care business. I worry because I feel like much of the production comes from me. So, almost a Sole Proprietor. Sure I have a book of business, equipment, assets, marketing material, insurance, contracts and bid forms etc.

After 10months of investing back into the business, I am net income positive after expenses. I had to buy a lot of stuff. The business is picking up with the word of mouth. I figure I could double my net profits in the next 10 months fairly easily.

Do I continue on and invest more in the business and assets...or sell out and just drop that cash in the market. I had always planned on selling out, its dangerous work...but I kinda like the thrill and cash.

What does ER say? :confused: ;)

What do you want to do? How old are you? How long has your business been in operation? Who (generally) are your clients? Who would you sell to?

Back
Top Bottom