Has onyone opened an account with EmigrantDirect y

KB

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I opened an account, but haven't gotten the checkbook yet. I just wondered if anyone had gotten theirs yet?

I'm hesitant to roll a lot of money into this account until I know I can get it back out when I need it.

Re: Has onyone opened an account with EmigrantDire

They are slow. I opened an account online but still can't log into their web site. I called them, and they said that I need to respond to a confirmation that they sent to me in the mail.

I tried to open an account online. Their system wouldn't process it, so I emailed and requested assistance. The next day they emailed a pdf application form. I returned it by mail. That was maybe two weeks ago. Nothing back yet.

I opened an account with them. It was a little slower than ING Directs due to the step receiving the snail mail letter from them and confirming the information.

They may be slower due to all the people opening accounts.

Once opened it works just like ING Direct. As a matter of fact, tranfering money in seems to be faster than ING Direct.

Once I replied to the confirmation email, my deposit went through the next day. But I read on the website that you get a checkbook. It's must be too soon.

I'll send in another smaller deposit until I feel comfortable depositing my next years living expenses.

I opened an account, but haven't gotten the checkbook yet.

I opened my account over 2 weeks ago. I never saw any reference to a checkbook nor have I received one. I believe this a savings account similar to ING, no checks involved strictly ACH transfers.

I moved a chunk of money out of ING into them.

No worries mate.

MJ :)

I don't believe you get a checkbook. They keep their costs down by doing everything via the internet.
I'm moving my $ from lower paying accounts.

I think you're right about the checkbook, I must have misread. I tried to sign on and do another deposit tonight, and it rejected my signon. Apparently they snail mail an account number, which I haven't received yet. :( So temporarily I'm locked out. They will hold the initial deposit for 10 days so I knew I couldn't access it, but I didn't think I couldn't do another deposit.

A day after you complete the instructions from the snail mail letter you will be able to do a transfer. After that - no problems.

Back
Top Bottom