Cheeep computer deal...

cute fuzzy bunny

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
$249 for a decent basic machine, no monitor.

Go to the dell web site. Pick home/home office. Pick desktops. Scroll down and pick "Dimension 2400 from $299". Customize it and remove the $50 monitor.

Includes a free basic color printer.

$249 plus shipping and possibly tax. Not bad.

I got one of these for my brother in law last year; its pretty quiet and has a decent chassis. Only major downside is onboard graphics and no AGP slot, so there will be no high end 3d gaming on this machine.

A little bit more to add a burner.

Includes six months of AOL or Earthlink...thats worth $120 right there.

Woah. Th,

What a deal. I went thru the entire order process before I realized that I dont need this. Tempting...very tempting.

BUM

That is a great price.

If anyone misses it and/or needs one later, Dell often has great deals--see link below. Lately, I think most of their best deals have included LCDs though, for more $ of course.

Used to be their low end server that was sometimes about $250, but you need your own Windows or Linux with that.

These people will post most of the best deals from Dell and lots of other places:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/categories.php?catid=18

Woah. Th,

What a deal. I went thru the entire order process before I realized that I dont need this. Tempting...very tempting.

BUM

You *know* its not about need...

you want it...you know you do...get it now or your dreams will be filled with it for days...

It's lunch time. I am getting sleepy. For $100 more, you can get the P4 instead of the Celeron processor. I could use another PC since the two PCs are always occupied by my two daughters and wife.

Yep, you can get a lot more for a bit more money. But...

Our 'spare computer' has a 2.2GHz celeron...dont sell it short. Except for encoding videos I dont notice any real speed differences between that and my main 3GHz P4 machine. And its a lot cooler running. Granted the first few rounds of celerons stunk...the newer ones (from the northwood based cores on...most 2GHz and all faster) arent bad at all.

My god, I cant believe the blasphemy coming out of my mouth... :p

Back
Top Bottom