New Member!

fletzie

Dryer sheet wannabe
Hello everyone. I am not YET retired but hoping to do so ASAP. My SO has decided he wants to be an actor in commercials so he will 'support' us until the house is totally paid. 2 grown children...and lots of cats (well, only 4).

Hello! I have 2 good friends with offspring who aspire to acting. Both have been at it for years with
some success. It better be a labor of love though
because for everyone who makes it, the ones who just muddle and struggle (financially) are enormous.
Counting on ER (or even paying the bills) is pretty iffy IMHO.

JG

I did imply that we would consider that income but I think it will be an unreliable source as you stated. But he really does love it! It was a real shocker to him not to have a social network with people who were working or studying when he stopped college teaching! This provides that outlet as well.

I will probably never quit 'working' since I can do contract work in IT from wherever home happens to be.
If we have to move, the house has already doubled its value in the last 8 years and would sell quickly in our area.

8)

It sounds like you can live with the idea.
And its not like they'll run out of work for actors in commercials anytime soon.
(Although CGI actors are getting better . . .)
Anyway I'd say go for it, after all we all only get to live once . .

Back
Top Bottom