Howdy folks!

Michael Moore

Recycles dryer sheets
I came across this site via a retirement discussion on a hobby machinist forum, and since getting out ASAP is high on my list of things to do I'm finding a lot of interesting reading.

I'll put something together about my situation, and see if I can come up with a few questions.  I'm pretty sure from my own numbers that FIRE is immediately doable, but I'm aware that I don't always see every possible detail, so I wouldn't mind some extra opinions from those who've done the deed.

The screen name is due to my seldom being the first person to register "Michael", so I've gotten used to being "The Other Michael".

cheers,
Michael

The Other Michael said:
The screen name is due to my seldom being the first person to register "Michael", so I've gotten used to being "The Other Michael".cheers,
Michael

It may interest you to know that Michael is something like #1075 in a serial ordering of English words by frequency of appearance in print. Not names, words! I was born 60+ years ago, and Michael was in the top 5 names then. It still is, and I don't think it has ever fallen significantly below that in the intervening years.

It seems that people are just predisposed to like someone named Michael.

My parents messed up a lot of decisions, but they got it right when they named me. :)

Mikey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom