God, help us.

windsurf

Recycles dryer sheets
We (and I mean WE) have allocated billions to homeland security. Is THIS all we got? (Oh, there's plenty when the politcal posturing actually requires it) What the F##k. So much for leadership and "security." Everybody, make sure you have your generators, your, life jackets, your boats, your backyard fuel dumps, your...survivalist stuff:confused: I used to think those folks were fringe. But, I guess the message is you pay your taxes for this security but, actually, it's all a cruel joke and you still need to have a few weeks worth of survival gear, skill, and youthful agility available to survive the next predictable attack (natural or otherwise). As a matter of fact, with water and the ability to maintain core temperature, a healthy adult can last weeks. But the stress of civil unrest for lack of leadership obviously shortens that curve.

windsurf said:
We (and I mean WE) have allocated billions to homeland security.  Is THIS all we got?  (Oh, there's plenty when the politcal posturing actually requires it)   What the F##k.  So much for leadership and "security."  Everybody, make sure you have your generators, your, life jackets, your boats, your backyard fuel dumps, your...survivalist stuff:confused:  I used to  think  those folks were fringe.  But, I guess the message is you pay your taxes for this security but, actually, it's all a cruel joke and you still need to have a few weeks worth of survival gear, skill, and youthful agility available to survive the next predictable attack (natural or otherwise).  As a matter of fact, with water and the ability to maintain core temperature, a healthy adult can last weeks.  But the stress of civil unrest for lack of leadership obviously shortens that curve.

Actually it is a "cruel joke". Problem is that a whole bunch of people
don't get it.

JG

Couldn't agree more, JG, but I don't agree that civil unrest is due to a lack of leadership. Unfortunately the cause is more complex and the solution, if there is one, is even more complex.

Well, Windsurf, you may want to have a disaster plan in place and a survival kit in certain situations. For example, if you live in a city below sea level that is predicted to suffer severe flooding in the event of a major hurricane and also happens to be in the expected path of hurricanes. I think one's necessary level and type of emergency preparedness depends on the locale in which you live. Earthquakeville, hurricane alley, tornado alley, riverbanks, flood zones, forest fire prone areas, etc. If you live in one of those locations, be prepared.

Back
Top Bottom