Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community

Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community (https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/)
-   Hi, I am... (https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f26/)
-   -   Bye (https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f26/bye-18046.html)

malakito 09-25-2005 02:49 PM

Bye
 
Bye. I am leaving these boards indefinitely. Nothing personal against y'all; I just need to focus on my present now. Matthew 6:34 for those of you similarly inclined.

Martha, Dory36, intercst, Laurence, nwsteve, and Brat...thanks.

malakito

LovesLife 09-25-2005 04:18 PM

Re: Bye
 
I wanted to know why he left so I looked up the passage. It is as follows for those who also wanted to know:

Do Not Value Possessions

Jesus exhorts us not to value possessions enough to seek them (6:19-24), quite in contrast to today's prosperity preachers and most of Western society. Yet he also exhorts us not to value possessions enough to worry about them (vv. 25-34), a fault shared by most believers who rightly reject the prosperity teaching. Jesus' words strike at the core of human selfishness, challenging both the well-to-do who have possessions to guard and the poor who wish they could acquire them. His words are so uncomfortable that even those of us who say we love him and fight to defend Scripture's authority find ourselves looking for ways around what he says.

Martha 09-25-2005 04:29 PM

Re: Bye
 
Mathew 6:34: "So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today."

I couldn't agree with this sentiment more.

I'll miss you; please stop by from time to time.

laurence 09-25-2005 04:39 PM

Re: Bye
 
We'll still be here when you can come back, Malakito. Take care! :)

haha 09-25-2005 06:51 PM

Re: Bye
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by malakito
Bye.* I am leaving these boards indefinitely.* Nothing personal against y'all; I just need to focus on my present now.* Matthew 6:34 for those of you similarly inclined.
malakito

LOL! :D :D ;D ;D ;D

dory36 09-25-2005 07:28 PM

Re: Bye
 
Good luck for today, and as for tomorrow, well, Matthew 6:34.

MRGALT2U 09-25-2005 07:32 PM

Re: Bye
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Martha
Mathew 6:34: "So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today."

I couldn't agree with this sentiment more.

I'll miss you;* please stop by from time to time.

I was too lazy to look it up, but I agree. That is a good one to keep in
mind.

JG

HFWR 09-25-2005 07:45 PM

Re: Bye
 
Happy trails!!

JPatrick 09-25-2005 07:49 PM

Re: Bye
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LL
I wanted to know why he left so I looked up the passage.* It is as follows for those who also wanted to know:

Do Not Value Possessions

Jesus exhorts us not to value possessions enough to seek them (6:19-24), quite in contrast to today's prosperity preachers and most of Western society. Yet he also exhorts us not to value possessions enough to worry about them (vv. 25-34), a fault shared by most believers who rightly reject the prosperity teaching. Jesus' words strike at the core of human selfishness, challenging both the well-to-do who have possessions to guard and the poor who wish they could acquire them. His words are so uncomfortable that even those of us who say we love him and fight to defend Scripture's authority find ourselves looking for ways around what he says.

OK, but he was talking about Matthew 6:34.* That's the Matthew with 2 T's.* I guess if you don't have the possessions you don't have the worry.
Or, for the rest of us there's extended warrantys. :)

Danny 09-25-2005 09:23 PM

Re: Bye
 
Its a interesting reference, but I don't understand why Malakito would just completely jettison from the forum ??? To me the first part is the same as live in the moment, but don't understand the punch line - Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof?

Jarhead* 09-25-2005 09:31 PM

Re: Bye
 
Well, I hope you're proud of yourselves. *You chased another poster away.

Although I'll admit I was slightly irritated that he refused to send a picture of his model-like wife, he seemed to be a pretty good egg.

Well, hell, that's behind us now.

The good news is I heard from the grape-vine that his replacement is in and getting ready to start posting.

From what I understand, she's a 32 year old single female, well versed in all matters financial, and she makes a practice of sending dirty PM's to her favorite posters.

Bye, Bye, Malakoto, ya'll come back soon. ;)

JPatrick 09-25-2005 09:38 PM

Re: Bye
 
She sounds a little old, but how do I get on the favorite list? ???

maddythebeagle 09-25-2005 09:46 PM

Re: Bye
 
Quote:

he seemed to be a pretty good egg.
Yes, the good ones leave and some of the Trolls stay. Where is the justice?

Good luck!

Ol_Rancher 09-25-2005 10:29 PM

Re: Bye
 
When I turned 40, I noticed that all the coeds on the university campus were rather good looking if not knock down gorgeous. Now that I am almost 60 it seems that there are few if any '30 something' women who are unattractive and the '40 somethings' look rather nice. Is it the result of improved nutrition and exersize?

And what of the ladies near my own age? They seem to grow less attractive with each passing year. The line from Jack Nicholson's character in the movie Schmit where he canot believe he is in bed with a 50 + year old lady has become rather poignent.

Put me on that list too, please. Move aside JPatrick.


haha 09-25-2005 11:31 PM

Re: Bye
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by maddythebeagle
Yes, the good ones leave and some of the Trolls stay. Where is the justice?

Good luck!

That's OK, "cause we've got you*Babe."

Ha

MRGALT2U 09-26-2005 06:18 AM

Re: Bye
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol_Rancher
When I turned 40, I noticed that all the coeds on the university campus were rather good looking if not knock down gorgeous. Now that I am almost 60 it seems that there are few if any '30 something' women who are unattractive and the '40 somethings' look rather nice. Is it the result of improved nutrition and exersize?

And what of the ladies near my own age? They seem to grow less attractive with each passing year. The line from Jack Nicholson's character in the movie Schmit where he canot believe he is in bed with a 50 + year old lady has become rather poignent.

Put me on that list too, please. Move aside JPatrick.


My story is a bit different. While I can still appreciate younger females,
I find SOME older women extremely attractive. Not a lot but a fair number.
My ex. is 58 and DW is 56, both very attractive for example. You will
have the evidence if I ever buy that damn scanner. As usual I looked for
the "deal of the century". Found it, but don't have the scanner yet.
Long story.

Back on subject, I have seen no reduction in the appeal of
"older women", quite the opposite.

JG

unclemick 09-26-2005 07:40 AM

Re: Bye
 
Hmmmm

At 62 - my definition of 'older women' is quite er ah flexible.

heh, heh, heh.

SteveR 09-26-2005 07:55 AM

Re: Bye
 
Dating again at 50 can be a real experience. :o

Dating again after 30 years was a real mind expanding experience. The range of ages one feels comfortable dating at age 50 is a consideration. Back in High School and college it was a no brainer....they were all 18-25. 8)

At 50, you have to make some adjustments to your thinking on what age group are you most comfortable with. My second wife was 6 years older than me and we did fine. When looking on internet dating sites I would search within a 10 year window on either side but soon found that most 40 year old women are not yet comfortable with a 50 year old bald guy with a hairy back and bulging belly. However, starting at about age 45 they seem to be more comfortable with these things. The 50-60 group are very willing to accept more "flaws" and are either willing to take any guy that has a job, has a house, does not live with his mother, and is not gay. The over 60 women like younger men because they may live longer and need less taking care of but I neve could see myself dating a 60 year old woman. I did find my match eventually and she is younger. Two days younger. ;) But we have a lot in common having grown up in the same timeframe.

Sorry to steal the thread..it is all Unclemick's fault. 8)

Anyway, sorry to see you go Malakito. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

retire@40 09-26-2005 07:55 AM

Re: Bye
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MRGALT2U
I have seen no reduction in the appeal of "older women", quite the opposite.

JG

Here's one you can play hide the salami with.

https://www.strangepersons.com/images/content/6274.jpg

unclemick 09-26-2005 08:27 AM

Re: Bye
 
Yep

Lets hope that that Malakito gets his 'present' knocked out and under control - so he can come back and hi jack a thread or two of his own in the near future.

Heh, heh, heh


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.