Big real estate investor getting out of US

He is singing that same song about bad condo deals and to much dumb money chasing to few deals.  We sure are getting lots of warnings aren't we?
He has a very fascinating story, another kind of "American Dream" senario.
BTW, Fidelity recognized the potential of foreign real estate a few months back and launched a new fund FIREX.  I bought it, and so far it is OK, but nothing to write home about.  :-\

Bought IGR last spring; price/cap gain flat, but ~8% divvy. Of course, it's fairly heavy in USA RE.

I think the story was the interesting read. I'm trying to become more of a contrarian, but I'm not sure if that means I should ignore the prevailing thoughts lately and invest in US RE, or go with the other half and move to offshore RE. I really think the internet makes it harder to be a contrarian, since EVERY DAMN OPINION is expressed in either direction. Get out the sky is falling!!! Now is the time to go all in!!! ::)

Well, I see a lot more "Lookout, it's a bubble" than "The sky's the limit." Perhaps that's just because I hang out here with these here cognoscenti.

JPatrick said:
BTW, Fidelity recognized the potential of foreign real estate a few months back and launched a new fund FIREX.

The name alone should make us all want to look into this fund :D

Back
Top Bottom