Votes: 2 4.7%
  • take drugs, but not from this list

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • no drugs for me

Votes: 18 41.9%

• Total voters

Martha

Moderator Emeritus
We have the poll on supplements. I just found a list of best selling prescription drugs from 2003. Take any on a regular basis?

Lipitor $6.8 billion cholesterol
Zocor $4.4 billion cholesterol
Prevacid $4.0 billion heartburn
Procrit $3.3 billion anemia
Zyprexa $3.2 billion mental illness
Epogen $3.1 billion anemia
Nexium $3.1 billion heartburn
Zoloft $2.9 billion depression
Celebrex $2.6 billion arthritis
Neurontin $2.4 billion epilepsy
Advair Diskus $2.3 billion asthma
Plavix $2.2 billion blood clots
Norvasc $2.2 billion hypertension
Effexor XR $2.1 billion depression
Pravachol $2.0 billion cholesterol
Risperdal $2.0 billion mental illness
Oxycontin $1.9 billion pain
Fosamax $1.8 billion osteoporosis
Protonix $1.8 billion gastrointestinal
Vioxx $1.8 billion arthritis

I take the Lippy, and my cholesterol was 172 last month. I hope to live longer than my grandfather, who died at 53 of a heart attack. I wish it had been available back then for him.

I was taking Protonix but was recently switched, an over abundance of stomach acid runs in the family. Lately I've been through a battery of tests to figure out what the pain is I have in my chest/abdomen, I never even considered an ulcer until the last dr I went to see mentioned it. After modifing my diet and doubling up on the meds (per the dr) I feel much better, now if I could just reduce the stress in my life. Other than that I take nothing unless I have to other than vitamins.

Cj

Michael said:
I take the Lippy, and my cholesterol was 172 last month.  I hope to live longer than my grandfather, who died at 53 of a heart attack.  I wish it had been available back then for him.

I agree.... high cholesterol runs in the family and all the men and most of the women in my family all had heart attacks in their 40's or 50's. My brother (56) and I wonder which one of us will be the first to have one. I have already had an arteriogram and so far so good. I have been on cholesterol lowering drugs for over 20 years.

My dad had 3 differnet coronary bypass surgeries in his life but it kept him alive for an additional 20 years. He had a brother that died at 38 of a massive MI.

Better living through chemistry..........I am a believer. :D

No drugs here. I'll always wonder if ER "cured" my chronic nasal congestion or if it was a coincidence.

What does it say about your workplace if the only drugs you recognize are the antidepressants?

Back
Top Bottom