Corus Bank Update (11/20) 12 months 4.75% APY

can u link to exact page, I cannot find that rate on their standard page of rates.

CybrMike said:
nevermind, it was hidden in there but i found it:

http://www.corusbank.com/PRODUCTS/Currates.htm

Their 1 year rates are higher than their 5 year rates, which confused me a bit at first. They are obviously expecting rates to go back down mid-term.

BZZZZZ!! Wring answer. I doubt they are taking any outlook at all on rates. Corus mostly lends short term, so they don't need much in the way of longer term fixed rate deposits (like the 5 year CD). However, they have a very large appetite for short term money because their lending is based on short term rates.

I just locked in at 4.5% APY for 1 year at KEY bank. I could have done better elsewhere but DW likes the idea of banking locally. Thanks to tips read elsewhere on this board, I asked the following questions while we were shovelling our bucks across the desk:

Can you remove the monthly service charge from my (seldom used) checking account? "Yes. Infact I'll reverse last month's fee."

Do you offer coin counting? "No. Sorry."

I was going to ask for a toaster but DW would have been embarrassed. :-X

Also worthy of note: Remember how, after opening a jumbo account, you'd get a call from the bank's "Investment Advisor"? Now they are short cutting approach. The VP gave us the pre-printed option of splitting our principal among 4 mutual funds ::) She recommended that we not do that since those funds now are paying less than 4.5%. :p

BUM said:
I just locked in at 4.5% APY for 1 year at KEY bank. I could have done better elsewhere but DW likes the idea of banking locally. Thanks to tips read elsewhere on this board, I asked the following questions while we were shovelling our bucks across the desk:

Can you remove the monthly service charge from my (seldom used) checking account? "Yes. Infact I'll reverse last month's fee."

Do you offer coin counting? "No. Sorry."

I was going to ask for a toaster but DW would have been embarrassed. :-X

Also worthy of note: Remember how, after opening a jumbo account,  you'd get a call from the bank's "Investment Advisor"? Now they are short cutting approach. The VP gave us the pre-printed option of splitting our principal  among 4 mutual funds ::) She recommended that we not do that since those funds now are paying less than 4.5%.    :p

Well, I am still getting 4% locally, totally liquid, FDIC insured. If I move the
money (even at the same bank/branch) I insist on the
"new account" gift, which I then "regift" for birthdays,
Christmas, etc. Yes, I am a cheap SOB. That is how I got
to be ERed. :)

JG

World Savings has a 5 month CD 4.65 APY with a 10K minimum. The offer ends Saturday 11/25 and it says it must be new money to the bank.

Back
Top Bottom