Minor Complaint

T

TromboneAl

Here's a very minor complaint about the way this forum software is set up. If there is a setting related to this, you might consider changing it.

The problem is this:

Sometimes I fill out a reply to a post, click Submit, and then immediately click on something else. The problem is that if someone else has posted, the post won't be made. Instead the forum software tries to bring up the "Someone has posted a reply since yours..." message (don't remember exact text), but I'm already gone -- I don't see it. As a result my words of wisdom are lost to all mankind.

No big deal, but if you've noticed this too, you might see if you can change a setting to avoid it (e.g. just allow the post to be made -- the person can always go back and edit it).

As a temporary solution, the text you entered should be there if you use the back button. Of course this only works if you catch what happened before closing your browser.

I looked through the options and didn't see any settings related to this feature. I think there ought to be, but so far I can't find them. It annoys me, too...why not go ahead and preview/post *and* tell me there are new posts?

By the way, can you still see either of the moderator boards?

Back
Top Bottom