Hello

akaphil

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello, all:

I am very new here.  In fact I just stumbled upon the site, so I haven't had a chance to really digest this stuff.  I'm in my late 50s, married and living in California.  Interested in relocating when I retire, which I hope will be at 62.  I look forward to learning more about what you all are doing, and how you are coping. 

Hello,

Just came on board yesterday myself. Interesting place. Good to have another newbie here. Where are you thinking about relocating?

setab

and how you are coping.

The bottle helps. Welcome. Where are you planning to relocate or is that still up in the air? Lot of people seem to be running for the exits in Cali. From what I hear, Cali ain't what is used to be.

Lot of people seem to be running for the exits in Cali.

Most are cashing in on their home appreciation. Out from under a mortgage, enough left over to pay cash for the next house.

That's exactly what we're hoping to do. That is, cash out our home appreciation.  We hope to do that before it's too late. Then we'll relocate out of state. California has been very good to us, but we'd like to try something new.  Glad to see we're not the only ones leaving.  There is strength in numbers.

RS

Give the new arrivals a salute as you leave. They are the reason your home has risen in value.

Welcome akaphil.

I'm another Calif homeowner with bloated equity wondering if I should stay or go. I'm is S Diego area and love it but can't help but think about cashing out and living mortgage free with money to spare.

Seems like there are great deals in Rockies and Texas. Also some in Southeast. AZ and NV have been overbid.

califdreamer said:
Welcome akaphil.

I'm another Calif homeowner with bloated equity wondering if I should stay or go.  I'm is S Diego area and love it but can't help but think about cashing out and living mortgage free with money to spare. 

Seems like there are great deals in Rockies and Texas.  Also some in Southeast.  AZ and NV have been overbid. 

My brother is 58 and never lived in Calif. However, he just sold his
"McMansion" in Naperville, Il. (what passes for a HOT market in Il.).
They bought a real nice brick ranch in Rockford, Il. and pocketed the left over cash. He has said for years he wanted to get rid of the mortgage
and now he has done it. He also said that he wanted to "retire"
to Rockford, pretty close to the last place I would wish to spend my
"golden years". But, different strokes.................. :)

JG

Back
Top Bottom