College Football

Dreamer

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
What a great day in our household for football. Ohio State won and finally West Virginia University won a bowl game!!!! How bout them eers:confused:? Hopefully, the kids will behave themselves and not burn the couches! Anyway, I was just so excited about WVU winning and everyone here is sleeping, so I decided to share with my other family!!! Hope your football teams win the big ones also!

Dreamer

We have an office pool on all the bowl games and I probably have picked 70% of the games incorrectly.  :(  You can see why I no longer buy individual stocks.  :-\

ND hung in there, then Ohio made it look too easy, always next year.

Just a heads up...a lot of us tape or tivo the games and watch them later, so it might be wise to delay score/win spoilers until at least a day after the game...

I'll be a little pissed if someone tells me who ends up national champion before I start watching the game ;)

() said:
Just a heads up...a lot of us tape or tivo the games and watch them later, so it might be wise to delay score/win spoilers until at least a day after the game...

I'll be a little pissed if someone tells me who ends up national champion before I start watching the game ;)

:D :D :D :D

Lots of luck with that strategy. ;)

I heard Doug Flutie is going back to School and he'll be playing for Michigan next year.

This is the so-called "senior bowl", with Paterno being 79 and Bowden 76. Neither wants to retire. They love what they're doing, and are successful.

Already won the office poll with 45 people...picked 17 of the 23 bowls in the poll so far...we pick against the spread....why am I more excited about winning $100 or so than what my stocks did today...would give the $100 back for a Penn State win tonight.....GO PSU....well back to the game

Let's note that the corrupt BCS system has an 8-4 team in a Championship bowl with 9-1 (their only loss to USC) Cal looking on from outside.

Still smarting from the Notre Dame loss.... :rant:

And those of us who still work are at the office at 8am after a FIVE HOUR game. Ugh.

Why is the Rose Bowl being played on Wednesday instead of New Years Day?

Howard said:

Answer to that question = $$$$

Answer to the question of who will win = UT (or I'm going to be eating some serious humble pie :p)

Howard said:

Because they have some many darn bowl games they can't squeeze them all in on New Years day. Also.......money money money

Well, this BCS championship series is as close as college football comes to a playoff system. I prefer a playoff that has the actual national champion determined on the field, not in a vote. The NCAA basketball series is magnificent. In theory, any of 64 teams can win it all. The college football bowl game tradition makes it hard to do this, so I guess what we have will have to do. Don't they rotate the championship game between the bowls?

Go Texas!

Canadian Universities do not give Athletic scholarships which is why so many of our Athletes like magliore head south for an education.

Our local Gynecologist went to Yale and she played goalie for the Woman's Hockey Team.

University Football games here can get anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand spectators, Athletics are not viewed as a revenue generator, it is strictly amateur.

Thanks for the info onthe Rose Bowl, watching it on New Years Day always seemed so natural.

Notre Dame and Michigan State are my teams.

U.S.C. and Texas. Track meet with pads. ;)

Have enough riding on U.S.C. to keep my attention, for sure.

I'd like to make that "Hot Apple", with a slab of Chedder, please. :D

Did you see the interview of Coach Paterno and Coach Bowden after the game? The journalist (pretty young thing!) kept calling them by their first names (hey Joe, hey Bobby). Call me old-fashioned, but I was quite uncomfortable with her not addressing them as Coach Paterno and Coach Bowden or Mr. Paterno or Mr Bowden. I mean these are respected older men who've seen so many more things in life than she has. I don't doubt that they might be dirty old men, but still things certainly have changed......

Bridget aka Deserat

Hook'em Horns!

Yakers, live here from Pasadena and the "big" game starts in about an hour. I'm not much of an SC fan but I would like them to win this one. I suppose I'll watch some of it on TV but mostly I will be trying to get home across the Rose Bowl traffic pattern. Oh, tha agony of modern sports.

Yep

I'll put it on tv - gave a 'go Pac10' as I grew up in Washington State - but I bet no money - and probably won't get too excited either way it goes.

heh heh heh

deserat said:
Did you see the interview of Coach Paterno and Coach Bowden after the game? The journalist (pretty young thing!) kept calling them by their first names (hey Joe, hey Bobby). Call me old-fashioned, but I was quite uncomfortable with her not addressing them as Coach Paterno and Coach Bowden or Mr. Paterno or Mr Bowden. I mean these are respected older men who've seen so many more things in life than she has. I don't doubt that they might be dirty old men, but still things certainly have changed......

Bridget aka Deserat

Hook'em Horns!

Around here, folks call him Joe. It's just how it's always been. In fact, a couple of times, I have yelled "Hey Joe! What the hell!?" at him after his Beamer came a little too close to my toes. Seriously.

Back
Top Bottom