New Money--what to do

nwsteve

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
What is the Forum's sense of action to take on putting new money into the market now.  Sitting with year-end bonus in 401k plus some liquidation proceeds so really too heavy in cash.
With all the noise about inverted yield foretelling recession, current up cycle getting old, etc, etc.  Have to look hard to find optimists who do not have lots of qualifiers in their optimism.
I am "light" on small caps--many of the "seerers" seem to think they have had their day in the sun. 
We are planning on selling house and hitting the road for ? sometime around mid year.
what to do??
nwsteve

I'm sure some would say buy asset "A" due to economic or market conditions. I never had any luck with timing the market so when I have new money I look at my over all allocation and devide it up according to that. In other words, if I try to maintain a 60/40 split then that is how I invest my new money. 

Pretty much the no brainer style of investing. :-\  You won't ever see me posting returns that are beating the averages however.

One further comment on D-51's answer. Your particular decision has to rest on your circumstances. If you are in the acculumation phase, and have a written plan, just stick to it. If you don't have a written plan, sit down and write one out. Invest in the assets according to your plan.

D-51's 60/40 plan isn't going to get him rich overnight, and not one of us really knows the future, but if he sticks with his plan, he will slowly and surely achieve FI

Getting rich slow isnt a bad idea.

I dont think right now is an awful time or a great time to "put the money to work". Whatever asset allocation/products your money is in right now are probably good ones...keep doing what you're doing.

Back
Top Bottom