Cheney Shoots, Scores

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
For all you conspiracy theory types that think Dick Cheney is out to get you, you just may be right...

Cheney Accidentally Shoots Fellow Hunter

By NEDRA PICKLER, Associated Press

Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot and injured a man during a weekend quail hunting trip in Texas, his spokeswoman said Sunday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060212/ap_on_go_pr_wh/cheney_hunting_accident

BTW, has anyone heard from JG today? ::)

I always figured that a guy who could almost singlehandedly control the world oil market, both supply AND price, had to know how to handle a deadly weapon. This is proof that those conspiracy nuts were right all the time. ;)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot and injured a man during a weekend quail hunting trip in Texas, >>>>>

I didn't even know Dan Quail was in Texas :eek:

"Nobody predicted this. And it was because of the inaction of the Clinton Administration. AND it's inappropriate to mention this during the Olympics! We will find out who leaked this information and bring them to justice!"

Too bad it wasn't the other way around! :D

What a difference an administration makes. In other administrations, they got shot; this one shoots first! Not bad!

REWahoo! said:
Cheney Accidentally Shoots Fellow Hunter
Isn't the Secret Service supposed to scout out the area in all directions around the VP, including the front?

I wonder what they're telling the new agent who's just been "promoted" to the VP's detail...

REWahoo! said:
Rumor has it that the guy mentioned something about "cofire generation" just before Cheney shot him... :)

The AP just released a photo of the man who was shot-

Jack-Abramoff.jpg

;)

Ranch owner Katharine Armstrong told The Associated Press the vice president was using a 28-gauge shotgun, and Whittington was about 30 yards away.

Armstrong said Whittington had gone to retrieve a bird he shot while Cheney and a third hunter, whom she would not identify, walked to another spot and discovered a second covey of quail.

Whittington "came up from behind the vice president and the other hunter and didn't signal them or indicate to them or announce himself," said Armstrong, who was in the car.

So hunters, is this missplaced blaming of the victum or should the guy have "announced himself?"

Martha said:
a third hunter, whom she would not identify

Jack Abramoff...

Come on Martha...when you're walking around with a shotgun and somebody walks up behind you, you're well within your rights to turn and shoot them without looking first... ::)

Martha said:
So hunters, is this missplaced blaming of the victum or should the guy have "announced himself?"

Both parties are guilty in my eyes.

As a hunter, you should always be aware of the location of all members of the hunting party at all times. However, the guy who was shot had walked away to retireve a downed bird and didn't show good common sense buy making sure Cheney and the other hunter new he was rejoining them. Could be the victim thought he was making enough noise to be heard by Cheney as he approached, but maybe Cheney was wearing ear protection or his ears were ringing from the recent shotgun fire. Or maybe Cheney's pacemaker was kicking in and causing static in his hearing aid.

One thing I am sure of is that Jay Leno and the like will have a field day with this! :)

Isn't this a completely different type of gun-control issue than the administration is usually dealing with? If this is Cheney's credibility in the former, where's his credibility with the latter?

REWahoo! said:
One thing I am sure of is that Jay Leno and the like will have a field day with this! :)
Target attraction-- I'm just not sure which target was the distraction?

Armstrong said Whittington had gone to retrieve a bird he shot while Cheney and a third hunter, whom she would not identify, walked to another spot and discovered a second covey of quail.

you would think that they guys would have enough money to have a good bird dog or maybe they shot it earlier in the day :D

maddythebeagle said:
you would think that they guys would have enough money to have a good bird dog or maybe they shot it earlier in the day :D
Hmmm... being shot by a guy whose salary comes from my taxes or being referred to as the VP's "bird dog"... it's hard to decide which is more painful!

I would rather go hunting with VP Cheney than for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.....

Hey...I don't make these things up...just repeat them...

Dave

Close your eyes and imagine this:

What if it had been Bush that had been hunting with Cheney, and Cheney had shot Bush dead!

Man, can you imagine what a big news event that would be?  Vice President kills President -- does he become president?  Was it really an accident?  

Now that would be something interesting for a change.

ex_CFO_now_RVer said:
I would rather go hunting with VP Cheney than for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.....

Or go to dinner with Robert Blake!

The best part of this was being able to tell someone who hadn't heard the news.

"The vice president, Dick Cheney, shot somebody."

Sheesh.  It was a minor hunting accident.  I've been pelted by shot from another hunter during quail season.  Every hunter's nightmare, that such an accident could happen. But they happen. Every sport carries some risk.

It is fun to kid about, but we're also seeing the typical pot shots [so to speak ;) ] on gun "control" again, by the liberals.  Like Sarah and Jim Brady's comments ...

I agree with the sentiment above re: Kennedy ... I'd also rather hunt with Dick Cheney, than have Bill Clinton near my wife ... ;)

Theres a joke in here somewhere about cheney and clinton both shooting...nah...not gonna do it...

Back
Top Bottom