Zak Noyle surf photo of Rob Machado's 10 score

Nords

Moderator Emeritus
Ronin,

It's a small photo, but take a look at this link to last week's local paper. Rob Machado scored a 10 to win the Pipeline Pro.

I hope Zak was wearing a helmet and maybe carrying a spare air too...

Attachments

• Rob Machado by Zak Noyle at Pipeline Pro.jpg
    Rob Machado by Zak Noyle at Pipeline Pro.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 127
Nice picture Nords.  Here's one of a 0 score at the recent contest at Mavs.

Attachments

• mavwipeout1.jpg
    mavwipeout1.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 99
Bolsa Chica, my local spot, at sunset....

Attachments

• bolsasunset1.jpg
    bolsasunset1.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 88
Excellent sunset!

That other JPEG reminds me of Flea Virostko's "Best Wipeout" award at a recent Eddie Aikau...

Attachments

• FleaWipeoutEddieAikau2005.jpg
    FleaWipeoutEddieAikau2005.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 80
Those are just amazing pictures, I can't even imagine the wazzos one must have to take on a monster wave like that.

We should have a caption contest for that eddie aikau shot. Maybe photoshop a shark in there under him with its mouth wide open.

Outtahere said:
Those are just amazing pictures, I can't even imagine the wazzos one must have to take on a monster wave like that.
Luckily, it doesn't require brains or anything else that might be damaged by sustained oxygen deprivation...

4-6' is plenty for me and 10' is all I'll ever need.

This is bolsa, 6' and perfect. We've had a fantastic winter. The 3 weeks of my winter break were sick. Starting with big Wed in late Dec and up to as late as this past Monday, I don't remember a better stretch.

Attachments

• southendbolsa2.jpg
    southendbolsa2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 56
In my Navy days in Long Beach, I used to surf HB and HB Cliffs along with Trestles on the weekend camp trips to Pendleton.  Competed in the All-Military contest a few times in the mid 80's at Pendleton and had a blast every time.  Even got my last command at Naval Unit, Lowery AFB, CO to issue "no-cost" orders for me to attend one year.  In San Diego, I hung out at the different Sunset Cliff's breaks and OB pier.  Now I do nothing but dream about surfing,... the closest I get to it is on my snowboard.  Fun, but not the same.

-hodad

Those waves are unreal. Living near Puget Sound, the largest waves I ever see are a few feet in height...

hodad said:
In my Navy days in Long Beach, I used to surf HB and HB Cliffs along with Trestles on the weekend camp trips to Pendleton.

Man, hodad, now you're really dredging up some memories! Pendleton in the 60's, running from the marines, throwing the boards over the fence and scrambling not to get caught. Those were some good old times. Now you need an agro attitude to surf trestle's.

Back
Top Bottom