Sexual problems in the future for China?

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/story/cms.php?story_id=3377

Now there are too few wenches. Thanks in large part to the introduction of the ultrasound machine, Mother Nature’s usual preference for about 105 males to 100 females has grown to around 120 male births for every 100 female births in China. The imbalance is even higher in some locales—136 males to 100 females on the island of Hainan, an increasingly prosperous tourist resort, and 135 males to 100 females in central China’s Hubei Province. Similar patterns can be found in Taiwan, with 119 boys to 100 girls; Singapore, 118 boys to 100 girls; South Korea, 112 boys to 100 girls; and parts of India, 120 boys to 100 girls.

Sounds like good pickins for the ladies, which hopefully will lead to an eventually improved gene pool, with the eventuality of someone growing a brain and not doing this stuff anymore...

It's not that they dislike girls. It is that they dislike poverty. Thouughout history, men have provided for health and wealth and women have
attended to the domestic chores. In a rural society like theirs, the more sons a man has the more wealth he will have when he can't work anymore. It's Asian Social Security.
I didn't say it was right. I think its's the reality.

Yup. As long as the have the one child per couple goal/requirement there will be more boys than girls born. Now, at last, the parents of girls will have some leverage with the parents of boys in the match-making process.

Can you imagine the pressure on the kids in this sandwich generation:confused: Two sets of parents to look after, two sets of grandparents focusing on one grandchild!!!

Brat said:
... two sets of grandparents focusing on one grandchild!!!
Our kid likes that just fine, especially at birthdays & holidays...

Back
Top Bottom