Faith based Investing

Chris24

Recycles dryer sheets
http://tinyurl.com/op3uq

Anyone see this article ? .. see it know .. don't know how to shorten the link, sorry.

Heres the summary ,, kinda of fun reading. Really not sure waht the article is trying to get at. Another case of trying to make opinions, fact? ...So as to confuse what an opinion and a fact is.

Think you're different? Here's a simple test. First answer these three questions.

1. Are average market returns okay? Or can you beat the market?
2. Are expenses critical in buying. Or do higher returns cover expenses?
3. Is a diversified portfolio the trick? Or, picking the right securities?

If you're a faith-based Boglehead matching the market is OK. You buy no-loads and trust asset allocation. If you're a faith-based Mad-Money Mobster, you hate the idea of being "average." You're a risk-taker who's challenged by the market. You know what I'm getting at: Either way you're a faith-based investor, your brain's belief system makes your decisions automatically and facts are irrelevant. Admit it!
Now for some good news (and the real test): Neuroscientists are now telling us your bio-computer isn't really "hardwired," it has "plasticity." Your brain is "reprogrammable!" But (and here's the catch) reprogramming takes some work. You may need to spend less time on investing and more time challenging your brain with new things, like juggling, dancing, puzzles, ping pong or learning how to play musical instrument or a new language.
If you are a true faith-based investor, your brain just said: What a silly term, "plasticity," forget it, just another "irrelevant fact!" Or something like: Is he nuts? I don't have the time to learn juggling or do puzzles, I'm already doing too much juggling at work. Gotcha? End of Story

EDIT: Shortened URL

I gonna have to dust off de ol' lawyas, me! 'As MY trademark! "Faith-Based Investments--give your money to me and PRAY you get it back!" Have to send ol' Guido down dere to tawk wit' him. Mebbe break a finger or two.

Beaudreau da Gypsy

Sometimes Paul Farrell writes some good stuff. This was not one of those times. :D

The common use of faith is:

Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.

The majority of this board invests based on logical proof and material evidence rather than "faith". I would say that overall this group is "facts" based investing and that is why I like it here.

sgeeeee said:
Sometimes Paul Farrell writes some good stuff. This was not one of those times. :D

He is suggesting that many investors are constantly try to beat the market and taking foolish risks.

He also has an article that predicts 2006 will be a disastrous for investors because of an economic recession or depression.

I predict the triumphant return of the flying spaghetti monster in '06.

If it doesnt show up, i'll predict it again next year. Eventually I'll be right.

Back
Top Bottom