Liquor commercial with Retire Early theme

free4now

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I just saw a commercial on TV for Patron tequila that seemed to promote ER. 

I found a link where you can watch the commercial here:

http://nytimes.feedroom.com/?fr_story=15c55dec3e9aabfa84e2fa65ee97a00de9c9e1a0

The NYT describes the commercial thusly:

[The] spot shows a woman lying by a swimming pool, while her male companion gazes over the ocean. A bubble over the woman’s head reads “Retire early,” while a bubble over the man’s head carries a long list of words that changes rapidly, “Yacht, Italian sports car, ski cabin, lake house, season tickets, chopper, race horse.”

HFWR said:
My bubble reads "Tequila makes her clothes fall off..." >:D

Already been done.

img_417519_0_74417c6bf72fe1450820b1fb8bb1c5df.jpg

Hey, that's my wife's favorite liquor!! :LOL: :LOL:

Southern Comfort Old Fashioned sweet with fruit......... :D

Doesn't work as well as it did 20 years ago............... :eek: :LOL:

FinanceDude said:
Southern Comfort Old Fashioned sweet with fruit......... :D
A bottle of SC, the parking lot outside the old Washington DC Capitol Center, an evening of Blue Oyster Cult with a Foghat warmup, and getting busted trying to smuggle the bottle in. We could hear the sound checks so we were under pressure to do something with the bottle before the show started.

I can still taste that stuff 25 years later...

Nords said:

I can taste it right now. A Southern Comfort manhatten (one third SC, two thirds dry vermouth) always in my hand when I read this board.

Nords said:
A bottle of SC, the parking lot outside the old Washington DC Capitol Center, an evening of Blue Oyster Cult with a Foghat warmup, and getting busted trying to smuggle the bottle in. We could hear the sound checks so we were under pressure to do something with the bottle before the show started.

so you started with a 'slow ride'? I hope it didn't end "burnin for you"? DOH! :D

mickeyd said:
I like her thinking.  ;)
1. ER is the best.

Absolutely true. Today marked seven weeks of ER and it's hard to believe anything less than 100% ER could make life worth living. I just love it! :D

youbet said:
I can taste it right now. A Southern Comfort manhatten (one third SC, two thirds dry vermouth) always in my hand when I read this board.

Are you sure you have that recipe correct? - Much too heavy on the Vermouth for a Manhattan? And why aren't you using sweet Vermouth?

This is the standard recipe

Ingredients
Scale ingredients to servings

2 oz Southern Comfort® liqueur
1/2 oz sweet vermouth
3 dashes bitters

But much too sweet for me as I prefer Scotch Manhattans (Rob Roy's). :p

Cut-Throat said:
Are you sure you have that recipe correct?

Yep, that's how I like them.  Sweet vermouth plus SC = too sweet. 

I have personally trained seventeen northern Wisconsin supper clubs to make them this way. It's been a lot of effort, but worth it! Practice, practice, practice. Eventually, they get it right.

Admittedly, DW accuses me of making them nine parts SC and one part dry vermouth at home. And there may be some truth to that........

Alex said:
so you started with a 'slow ride'?  I hope it didn't  end "burnin for you"?  DOH! :D
Foghat was great.  But it was early 1982 so "Burnin' For You" was one of BOC's top songs and they were riding high.  This was back when you had to have front-row seats if you wanted to see the guitar work so I missed out on that.  I wouldn't be caught dead wearing hearing protection back then and I remember being functionally deaf for about two days.

Our kid agrees that if you have to listen to BOC with your parents then you might as well enjoy Burnin' For You.

But I wouldn't advise watching BOC perform "Godzilla" while you're coping with a double-digit BAC...

mickeyd said:
Marascino cherry? :confused:

Yes, a Marascino cherry is nice. Hmmmmmm....... It's just after 1:00 PM here in the midwest. But it's five o'clock somewhere. Think I'll go try the standard recipe, my recipe, my modified recipe, with a cherry, without a cherry, and a few other variations. I'll report back later........ ::)

Nords said:

I bet the next morning you were "fearing the reaper"! :LOL:

Three weekends ago, me and another buddy, Dad of KC who lives up the street and also has DS, started with beer, went to Margaritas, did shots of tequila till it was gone, did shots of Goldshlager till it was gone, did shots of meyers rum till it was gone, and started doing shots of SoCo, then stumbled in from the patio and proceeded to worship the porcelain god. Poor SoCo, it got the blame for that incident!

Back
Top Bottom