What Will November Bring

"Generic ballot" questions are not particularly useful in our system of government. You need to look at how individual districts are shaping up, for example this chart by "Congressional Quarterly". Although the total number may look good for the GOP (220-202) at the moment, note that the Democrats have more safe seats (184 vs. 175), so a Democratic takeover of the House is possible if there is a nationwide Democratic tide similar to 1966, 1974 or 1994. It's harder to envision a Democratic takeover of the Senate given its current composition and the VP factor, but it's possible if the GOP loses, say, OH, TN and MO.

I am hoping for GRIDLOCK. I hope the Demodopes get the House and the Republimorons keep the senate.....the gov't that does the least, does the best.

Both major parties are diseases inflicted on the rest of us.

Thing is, where the Democrats are the measles, the Republicans are leprosy.

Remember Tom Delay, he was from Texas. He is now officially a resident of Virginia. He took his name off the ballot in his district in Texas to avoid an embarassing loss and to give the Rep. party a good chance to win the seat with someone else. Supreme court said no the republicans can not put a replacement on the ballot, so they will be trying to win with a write-in candidate. It looks like the Dem has a good chance of winning in a 60% rep. district...write-ins rarely win....

Delay went to court to argue that he is a resident of Virginia and is ineligible to run in Texas.

A columnist for an Austin paper said -"What kind of Texan goes to court and swears he's from Virginia?" :D

I'm with Mystic, throw out anyone that is currently 'working' in congress.

As a matter of fact, I would love to see the political parties disbanded completely:) Stand on the issues alone, not on the party.

Back
Top Bottom