How to get rid of a time share

Kitty

Recycles dryer sheets
Years ago in a fit of stupidity I bought a time share and I want to get rid of this thing what is the best and quickest way to do this?

Kitty

Kitty,

This has been discussed recently on another thread. Use the search option above for timeshare.

Hope this helps.

73ss454 said:
Kitty,

This has been discussed recently on another thread. Use the search option above for timeshare.

Hope this helps.

The best way to avoid this problem is not to buy one in the first place.

JG

Kitty,

I feel your pain. We bought one years ago that had a really high yearly fee and decided to get rid of it. Anyway, we sold it on eBay! It was easy and painless. Don't remember all the details. Read other eBay listings to get an idea, also where it is located and how it is titled may have some ramifications as well. Haven't read other thread, and we sold our years ago, so take this advice with the caveat emptor (and remember it was "free" advice).

Good luck!

Jane :)

Kitty said:
Years ago in a fit of stupidity I bought a time share and I want to get rid of this thing what is the best and quickest way to do this?

Kitty

Call the airforce and then an air strike

Kitty said:
Thank you I will follow these leads and get rid of this turkey as quickly as possible. Damn, as she slaps her head, why did I let myself get talked into this?

Well, it could be worse. We bought ours in New Orleans waaayy before Katrina.

Thought for sure it was a goner (and by the way we have gotten lots of payback both at Jazzfest [our week] and in trades, though not so much recently). Lo and behold, they just broke ground on a replacement building, better than ever. All covered by insurance, no assessment. We're hoping to be back there this spring for the music.

So, if the only offers you get are too low to make it worth your while, why not hang on to it? Use it or trade it once a year, rent it when you can, and ulimately gift it to a charity if you can find one, or put it in your estate, etc.

Just some alternatives if the sale doesn't go well.

We actually bought one this year on eBay ... about $300, one week, any week (red), in Orlando, member of RCI. Annual fees around $500, and we'll trade after we get tired of FL. Resale timeshares are great, if you want to try this vacation alternative. My sister actually bought two, as resales, and has become an expert on the trade deal ... she is the vacation queen.

Best of luck selling yours.

Charles
So really you are paying $800 for a week right? Did you have to put money down?
I've always wanted a time share at the manhattan club in nyc, but my schedule is not flexible enough - plus time shares get such bad reps.

Back
Top Bottom