Doing my part for homeland security.

Mr._johngalt

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
So Friday night I am sitting in my fav. bar and a couple of middle eastern
types wander in (just like you see on the nightly news, only better dressed). Pretty soon they are joined at their table by others (lots of hand
shaking and hugs like they hadn't seen one another in a while - all men).
Then the cell phones appear and we get a lot of animated conversation
in Arabic (I guess). More of them drift in until they have about 8 guys
in deep discussion, interrupted by frequent phone calls. Eventually I
discovered the object of all this plotting because a very large Chicago
style pizza appeared. Obviously they were deciding on the toppings. :)

Just to be on the safe side, before I left I asked the bartender to make
a call if she noticed them passing out box cutters.

JG

JG

Why didn't you just run home and get a few guns just in case?

Few in the US recognize we have home grown terrorists who only speak English and who pervert religion to inspire people to bomb or otherwise kill/intimidate others. Those who are a threat to others rarely plot in public.

The pizza topping conversation was a kick. Without a doubt they were calling home to make sure they didn't select a topping one of the kids wouldn't eat. I hope everyone gave them all a smile and a look of 'been there, done that - have a great party'.

astromeria said:
What about pizza cutters? ;)

This is clearly xenophobic. You should be ashamed of yourself. Did you ask to waiter to call the police if he spots cranky old white men walking in.

ADJ said:
Did you ask to waiter to call the police if he spots cranky old white men walking in.

If that tavern was anything like my haunts, it was probably already FULL of "cranky old white men", (of which, I'm one, thank you very much!!!) some/several of whom were probably off-duty police. :police: Now, THAT'S what I call "homeland security"!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom