Getting close!!!

linkerbink

Recycles dryer sheets
My last day at w**k is next Friday, the 29th. Yesterday the kind folks here at the non-profit agency where I've been for 14 years had a really nice farewell luncheon...lots of nice gifts, one of which was a "memory book" signed by many of the staff members. One entry particularly struck me as how I imagine I will be feeling come January...I'd like to share it.

"Think of us when you get up in the morning and the sun is shining and you realize...I don't have to go to work today!

Think of us when you get up in the morning and it is pouring rain and you realize...I don't have to go to work today!

Think of us when you get up in the morning and the snow/ice is falling and you realize...I don't have to go to work today!

Think of us when you get up in the morning and there is no stress in your life and you realize...I don't have to go to work today!

And eventually, when your busy schedule slows a little, think of us and remember all the wonderful days at (the agency) and how good it is to VOLUNTEER!!!"

I'm sure those of you who have already ER'd can identify with this...it'll be my turn soon. I'll let you know in two weeks..!

I have concerns about the last one. Although I'm sure the author was speaking of volunteering generally, I couldn't help but think that s/he was implying Linkerbink should volunteer at his old non-profit. :eek: Doing so would truly be non-profit, in that he would be working, but not getting paid!

Yes...in a tongue in cheek sort of way, she was implying that. But the agency does have a number of volunteer opportunities that have nothing to do with my old position...helping at the fund-raising events like the golf tournament, etc., which I would do gladly. I would NOT be interested in doing my old job for free...if I still wanted to do that job, I wouldn't be retiring!

I would NOT be interested in doing my old job for free...if I still wanted to do that job, I wouldn't be retiring!
Screw that-- if you're looking for some excitement, then tell them you'd be happy to volunteer to do your old boss's job... for free.

Back
Top Bottom