Living like a king on pennies

bbbamI said:
Who do the 21 year old DR men marry? :confused:

There's plenty to go around. The problem is that the moment you think that you won't get any, you won't get any.

REWahoo! said:
Well if you can "handle it", what the heck do you need with a 21 year old?
:confused: You mean you don't drink beer when you play golf? Or are you trying to tell us beer doesn't contain 'chemicals'? ;)

The fact that my old "putter" can handle it, is the reason a 21 year old is appealing. ;) BTW, a have a beer after my round of golf. The chemicals I was referring to is the big 'V'.(no pun intended) :D

In the DR the woman look for caring, loyal and loving man. The age is not an important factor. There is a different belief system here about age. Most of the young man do not want the responsibly of a family so they get the girls pregnant and leave. There thousands of young girl here looking for stability in a relationship and the age is of very little importance. There are many gringos [foreigners] here retired and they all have younger wives.
There are older woman looking for younger man here too.
Yes there are golf courses here also, they plan on building three less than 5 miles from my house. they also have lots of good beer. ;)

I stayed out of this for fear of my judgemental self (that agrees with Alex) would trump the person that I want to be - to each his own, if you're happy I'm happy, etc. etc.

I'm glad that I kept a relatively open mind because, Doug, how you explain it makes sense. If a young woman is really looking for stability and she cannot find it among her peers, then she does owe it to herself to look outside of that age group.

I'm sure there are lots of situations of gold-digging and dirty old men, but hopefully, yours is just a relationship that works for both of you, hurts no one else and shouldn't be judged by others.

I just hope that when she is middle aged and you are gone that those guys her age have become more mature and will accept her and not just be looking for a sweet young thing.

I would also like to know about more mundane things like your lack of infastructure and how that affects your life.

bbbamI said:
Who do the 21 year old DR men marry? :confused:
If a 40 year old age difference is acceptable as Doug seems to rationalize think, I would guess newborn infants...or maybe sperm that has been aged?? :eek:

Lack of infrastructure just means that you have to be self-reliant. When we have electricity we charge batteries and when no electric we use inverter to give us house power. When we have city water we fill a large tank. We catch rainwater for drinking.
The lack of police you learn to protect your self and not make yourself a target. Lack of good roads you just drive slower. Believe takes a little adjustment but it makes you a lot more self-reliant

Alex said:
If a 40 year old age difference is acceptable as Doug seems to rationalize think, I would guess newborn infants...or maybe sperm that has been aged?? :eek:

You appear to have severe emotional problems in this area. What an ignorant and insulting post!

Ha

HaHa said:
You appear to have severe emotional problems in this area. What an ignorant and insulting post!

Ha
:-* Maybe you should invest in a mirror?
Emotional issues? :LOL: Nah, I just think it is disgusting and selfish beyond the pale for some dried up old fart to steal the life of a young girl who is too immature to know what she is doing. That 21 year old girl should be with someone her own age (or at least close to it), not her freakin' grandfather. He deserves to be criticized!. He ought to be ashamed of himself. Well, at least he'll have nurse when his bowels health fails.

HaHa said:

Ha

Ha: You're absolutely right. Not since Azanon left this board, have I read any posts that are consistently as self-centered and selfish as Alex.

(I should know after the time I've spent on this board to ignore a poster like him). ;) So, my fault, I guess. ;)

If no one answered his questions, replied to his messages; If everyone ignored his stupid comments, may be he'll go away? Or may be not, some people truly have thick skin.

Just to make sure there's no misunderstanding, I am talking about Alex.

I know that the age difference seem to get many people upset but this is a belief of the location you live. Some one asked who do the 21year old men marry. Here they probably been married about 6 times by the time there 20 and all the wives are looking for money for milk and clothing for the children. This is probably why they think different here.

Jarhead* said:
Not since Azanon left this board, have I read any posts that are consistently as self-centered and selfish as Alex.

Oh, he's not THAT bad! Plus, he's got a good signature line.

d0ug, how do you get on the internet? Telephone, satellite, cable?

Earlier you said you paid $120/month to the gardener. Sounds like it's a very big garden. Do you also provide him/her room & board on top of the salary?

Alex said:
I just think it is disgusting and selfish beyond the pale for some dried up old fart to steal the life of a young girl who is too immature to know what she is doing. That 21 year old girl should be with someone her own age (or at least close to it), not her freakin' grandfather. He deserves to be criticized!. He ought to be ashamed of himself. Well, at least he'll have nurse when his bowels health fails.
I have never liked dating women who are much younger than me because their life experiences are too different. I just wouldn't be comfortable spending all my time with them. That said, if it works for them, what is it to you Alex? How does this "rob" the life of 21 Y/O? For all you know she might otherwise live in a shack with a jerk who would dump her when the baby starts crying - or worse, beat her. The OP says younger women look for older men for reliability. If the old fart has a nice portfolio and a 4% SWR he will leave the youngster set for life when she is in her 40s. Not a bad deal. By then the 20 Y/O jerk she passed by may have matured and can hook back up with her.

There is a point where this constitutes abuse - certainly this applies when parents sell underage girls to older men (or anyone for that matter). It also applies to anyone taped on NBC. :LOL: But when a girl is 21 and freely chooses it - that ain't abuse.

donheff said:
For all you know she might otherwise live in a shack with a jerk who would dump her when the baby starts crying - or worse, beat her. The OP says younger women look for older men for reliability.

There is a great Cuban indie movie named La Tropical, which is also the name of a very popular open air dancehall. One of the subplots involves a young macho whose wife is in hospital struggling with a complicated delivery while her macho is at La Tropical lining up some action for the night. The wife loses the baby and is heartbroken and obviously not quite comforted by her husband’s behavior.

Another story along the same lines involves a older woman who taught my wife oil painting many years ago. She was an old widow at the time, and she always advised her students to marry an older man. Why? She said they will appreciate what they are getting. They won't ogle some other young woman who might have a better figure or a prettier face. And they will not be stingy.

In her youth this woman lived in a village on the North German plain. Her young husband hitched her to a plow.

Somehow she escaped to Las Vegas where she met her "older man", who was loving and understanding to her ever after. They lived a long time together, and she never remarried after he died.

Ha

Beauty and the beast geezer !

Attachments

• t_Old_Man_&_Woman.jpg
    t_Old_Man_&_Woman.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 137
  • t_Old_Man_&_Woman.jpg_thumb
    33.1 KB · Views: 4
Alex said:
whatever.... I think he is a selfish, heartless Pr*ck. 21 year old girls should never marry old men.

You feel the same about Larry King? He seemed to be well respected. How old are those children again 6 & 7?

Sam I hope this answers your questions
I get on the Internet via cell phone because there is no telephone service here in the countryside they got cable TV here last year but it only works when there is electricity. I have satellite TV. I pay my gardener $120 which is more than the policeman or school caretaker. He looks after near 2 acres. The average laborer gets $10 per day.

donheff said:
There is a point where this constitutes abuse - certainly this applies when parents sell underage girls to older men (or anyone for that matter). It also applies to anyone taped on NBC. :LOL: But when a girl is 21 and freely chooses it - that ain't abuse.

Yes, this isn't much different than the gay issue. Love between two consenting adults is an individual thing and should be up to the two people involved to decide if it's right or not.

My Dad was 47 when he married my Mom, she was 30 (first time marriages). My Dad was 50 when I was born. My Mom took a real chance having two kids with an older guy. My Pop lived till he was 96. They had a wonderful marriage filled with a lot of love and laughter.

dOug,
Best wishes that your 100th birthday finds you happy, healthy, and still blissfully ignoring the critics.
AJ

d0ug said:
they got cable TV here last year but it only works when there is electricity.

So, what do you do for entertainment when electricity is out? Oops, never mind ;)

d0ug said:
I pay my gardener $120 which is more than the policeman or school caretaker. He looks after near 2 acres. The average laborer gets $10 per day.

So a laborer makes more than a policeman?

Back
Top Bottom