Unbelievable!!!

wildcat

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I filed my taxes about a week ago and had it returned with a big 'rejection' on it. Reason - someone else filed using my SS# and it has been accepted. So I try calling the number to straighten it out even though I know it will take months and I can't even find a live person to talk to about it. So I try calling my local office jus to alert someone of this and again - no live person. WTF is wrong with this picture?!!! Glad to know I am paying the salaries of the IRS agents/admin staff and getting no service when it is needed.

:eek: Wow! I'd get something to the IRS in writing NOW before they issue a huge refund of your withholding taxes to the impostor. Is there an IRS office nearby?

Oh you have to set up an appointment. Nice and fast huh.

wow ... what a freak'n nightmare. Might want to freeze your credit to head off identity thieft.

So, you're worried because someone else paid your taxes for you? ;)

My wife had the same SS# as someone else until she was ~22. Presumably they both filed taxes for a few years under the same SS number, and their SS history was mixed together. Eventually DW figured it out, and got to keep "her" SS number, and the other person had to get a new #. Surprisingly, this has caused zero headaches, other than the actual act of straightening it out w/ the SS administration. The IRS never had a problem... :D

This is a good reason to always OWE them something at the end of the year.

You have already been PM'd about what to do so won't inject myself there. There are a lot of undocumented workers 'borrowing' SSNs. On the other hand this could simply be a clerical error. Keep your eyes open for funny stuff, but this may simply be a snafu or some poor foreigner trying to feed a family.

IRS was sending me a taxpayer's notices of deficiency thinking that I represented him. It took a lot of effort to stop them. Were I the taxpayer I would be ... ah, not happy.

I have failed worse than ever before. I am actually getting a ~$6,000 refund. I always work it out where I owe about $300 to $500. Being anal retentive I can do that. Normal people can't. My problem was our moving and my DW quitting her job and chasing down all her parents crap. She said she was going to get another job but never did. I was involved in lots of the activities and totally lost track.

I'll probably have the audit for the ages.

Back
Top Bottom