A moment of silence please...

One of my proudest moments was the day I walked in from outside and my son, who was 12 at the time, was in my recliner, holding the remote in one hand and a coke in his other. I asked my wife to take a picture.

To honor Robert Adler, I changed the batteries in all my remotes.

My wife is the big remote person in the house, probably because she is the big TV person in the house. I wonder if that is the real reason she is going to see that orthopedic surgeon. She told me it was her knee.

given his age, it's somewhat suprising that my elderly mother can often fail to use the remote to do basic operations (on/off) ... and i can't do much more beyond change channels and volume ... and it requires my daughter to do anything more than that ... and the grandchildren for anything really difficult. the generational dimension is interesting.

After my DH passed I was looking in the entertainment center for something and I found Six brand new remote controls still in plastic. Makes me laugh to wonder what he was thinking ?

"Hey, never know when you'll need a spare"

Gabe is very proficient with the tivo remote. Turns on the tv, picks his show and starts it. I've got a picture of him in his little blue chair, tivo remote in one hand and my (empty) can of beer that he's trying to get the last drop out of.

Moemg said:
After my DH passed I was looking in the entertainment center for something and I found Six brand new remote controls still in plastic. Makes me laugh to wonder what he was thinking ?
He was thinking what I'm thinking: "I'll never be able to find a replacement for this model again, so I'm not going to make this mistake twice!"

Luckily the TV industry is helping us "upgrade" in 2009 so we can throw out all our old remotes and start over.

Back
Top Bottom