"In fact, the mass exodus in equities..." Why I don't listen to the mass media

dex

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
"In fact, the mass exodus in equities..." Why I don't listen to the mass media

I don't listen to the mass media because you get mass hysteria and that makes for unhappiness.

2/27/07
2:30 pm : As presaged in the last comment, the S&P 500 is now down more than 2.0%. In fact, the mass exodus in equities now leaves the broader market down 2.4% on the session and only one of its 147 industry groups in positive territory -- Gas Utilities (+2.6%).

Further underscoring the bearish tone has been a 29% gain on the VIX (CBOE Volatility Index), surging it to its highest level since August. Known as the "investor fear gauge," the spike higher suggests investors were actively buying put options in anticipation that the market correction so many have been concerned about with so many indices hitting record levels of late is finally here. DJ30 -222.37 NASDAQ -75.08 SP500 -35.15 NASDAQ Dec/Adv/Vol 2759/274/1.91 bln NYSE Dec/Adv/Vol 2803/496/1.37 bln

Below is an interesting article about Pi and the business cycle

http://www.contrahour.com/contrahour/2006/06/martin_armstron.html

Re: "In fact, the mass exodus in equities..." Why I don't listen to the mass media

RUN FOR THE HILLS! SELL EVERYTHING! BUY GOLD!

AHHHHHHHHHHH........

Re: "In fact, the mass exodus in equities..." Why I don't listen to the mass media

Anyone know how beaver cheeze is doing? :eek:

bbbamI said:
Anyone know how beaver cheeze is doing? :eek:

Straight up, last I checked.

CybrMike said:
RUN FOR THE HILLS! SELL EVERYTHING! BUY GOLD!
AHHHHHHHHHHH........

Actually Im really thinking of purchasing more BAC, WM, PFE, ect lol Drop some more so I can get a 5% yield with less than 9 P/E!!!

I can dream cant I?

Gold in the form of GLD was bad too. Looks like only my cash, bonds, and BEARX (I assume) did OK. It's hard to get much diversification now.

Dan

Re: "In fact, the mass exodus in equities..." Why I don't listen to the mass me

That was an interesting post on Armstrong, I followed some threads to this one:
http://tinyurl.com/2vjhv4

He spent a lot of time in jail and wasn't much of a trader, but what a story

I am in the midst of moving one of my wife's IRAs from management to Vanguard. I hate it when the market gets antsy right when I am doing something like that - easy opportunity to accidentally sell low and buy high.

I hate it when the market gets antsy right when I am doing something like that - easy opportunity to accidentally sell low and buy high.
... if only because i'm paranoid, whenever moving a big chunk of change (chunk is a technical term, is it not?), i first make a compensating adjustment elsewhere, so that i'm moving cash.

donheff said:
I am in the midst of moving one of my wife's IRAs from management to Vanguard. I hate it when the market gets antsy right when I am doing something like that - easy opportunity to accidentally sell low and buy high.

Options will help with that.

dex said:
Below is an interesting article about Pi and the business cycle

http://www.contrahour.com/contrahour/2006/06/martin_armstron.html

WOW! Everyone should read this. I was amazed. This dude has predicted all the market tops/bottoms for YEARS. He hit 2/27/07 as a "turning point" on the nose. Perhaps a self-fulfilling prophecy.

He is in jail because he wouldn't give the CIA his computer that predicts market turning points. Or so the conspiracy theorists say....duh..duh..duh.duhhhhh.

I LOVE when the fear mongers use the term "carnage" to describe what happened to the market. Carnage is second only to "bloodbath". Is a two or three percent drop really that bad? Carnage and bloodbath should be reserved for drops of 50% or more.

CybrMike said:
WOW! Everyone should read this. I was amazed. This dude has predicted all the market tops/bottoms for YEARS. He hit 2/27/07 as a "turning point" on the nose. Perhaps a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Hehe. It's all been done. I thought the movie "Pi" already attempted this, but when the computer spit out something relating to the stock market, the computer fried itself. I imagine few people have seen this movie. I thought it sucked, mostly.

CybrMike said:
He is in jail because he wouldn't give the CIA his computer that predicts market turning points. Or so the conspiracy theorists say....duh..duh..duh.duhhhhh.

Well, crap, the secrets out now. It's all over the website. Dates predicted for eternity.

:LOL:

-CC

CCdaCE said:
Hehe. It's all been done. I thought the movie "Pi" already attempted this, but when the computer spit out something relating to the stock market, the computer fried itself. I imagine few people have seen this movie. I thought it sucked, mostly.
-CC

That movie did suck. I think it was an indy movie. I liked the part where, I think a roach or ant, walked on the cpu, got fried and brought the system down. Of course this was all done in an appartment in Brooklyn, NY.

As my second cousin twice removed would say, "Pi are round, cake are square."

Back
Top Bottom