A clean house day

semtex

Recycles dryer sheets
I sold all my holdings except a few long term ones(oil/gas).
Market may have 15% correction in the first half of this year. Today is the calm before the storm. Just my view.

I am thinking about AAV. Some adice, thanks,

semtex said:
Market may have 15% correction in the first half of this year. Today is the calm before the storm. Just my view.

And then again it may go up 50% this year. In that case it would really be too bad for you !

Is this a small correction on the Way to Dow 50,000 or is it the beginning of the end of life as we know it.

Stay tuned !

Watching the market go up when you're on the sidelines can be just as painful as watching it go down when you're in the game.

semtex said:
Market may have 15% correction in the first half of this year.

I may grow green gauzy wings and fly to the moon under my own power in the
first half of this year. Your scenario is more likely I suppose, but it is more likely
than the market having a 15% increase in the first half of this year ?

Market alwyas beats me. :mad:

AAV, it gives 14% div. Another thing I like is its main asset is natural gas. Some comments?

semtex said:
AAV, it gives 14% div. Another thing I like is its main asset is natural gas. Some comments?

Uh, it's share price has been cut almost half in the last year (and this has little
to do with the recent unpleasantness).

semtex said:

I am thinking about AAV. Some adice, thanks,

Sem,

Since you feel you know where the market is going. I plan to sell 50% of my holdings in 2031, when I'll be 80 years old. I'll probably buy an immediate annuity.

Do you think that the market will be higher in 2031 than it is today? thanks for comments.

TromboneAl said:
Watching the market go up when you're on the sidelines can be just as painful as watching it go down when you're in the game.

Mathematically it's the same, but I think most people feel less pain in the former than the latter.

2Cor521

BUM said:
Hey C-T, I'm going to be 80 in 2031 too (May in fact)! Lets do something cool!

I won't be until July! - Let's get some beer and pick up some chicks at the nursing home! :LOL:

semtex said:
Market alwyas beats me. :mad:

I think that implies you are jumping in and out of the market - if you stick with an asset allocation plan over time, the market isn't beating you.

If you look at it as 'last month I had x dollars, today I only have .97x dollars', and you can't stomach that, then get the heck outta stocks quick!

Over time you have good days, you have bad days, you have stagnant days. Think long-term or you'll drive yourself nuts.

- John

Back
Top Bottom