Turbotax

Moemg

Gone but not forgotten
Was it just me or was turbotax more confusing this year ?? I have used it for several years but this year I finally in frustration went to Tax act .What have they done to turbotax :confused:

Sorry, it's just you.

Maybe somebody here knows....when they upgrade software, why don't they have the option to use the "classic" (i.e. previous) edition. Half the battle sometimes is learning what's knew. The "improvements" they put in are sometimes more annoying to adjust to than dealing with the "flawed" previous version. I use TT, but I don't care for how "isolated" the software is from the tax forms.

As a software engineer, I'll answer that question... the more versions of software you support the more work it is. The user interface (how the program looks and feels) is at least to some extent integrated with the underlying functionality. Supporting the matrix of "Every UI ever produced" x "Every functionality level ever produced" is a whole lot more work than just reving the UI and functionality in lockstep. The more combinations you have to support, the worse the support ends up being, and the more unreliable the product ends up becoming.

I found it about the same as last year.

Back
Top Bottom