Texans - New Plates & Regstr. Sticker

Telly

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
My last decent-looking Texas license plates finally timed out, they were the Texas Flag ones. Replaced by the little space shuttle and whatnot plates, very non-Texas generic-looking, if you ask me.

I had heard last year that there was a new windshield sticker in the works. The ones with the "push in red triangle and peel from back" had problems. No wonder! Only once did I have one of those that worked the way they were supposed to.

The new plates came with the new-type windshield sticker. Easy to use, the whole back plastic film just peels off. But a major change is the way it looks from the inside. The old ones had a clear border that had the clear adhesive on it, and the center insert was white. So it really didn't show up much from the inside. The latest type is dark blue all the way across the whole back of the sticker. Really noticeable from inside.

From the outside, there is now a wide dark blue border that shows. I wonder if they might be color-coding by emission/non-emission counties. Do you have one of these new stickers? What color is the border/back?

Back
Top Bottom