This site has become very slow!

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
The last few days I have noticed that it takes ten seconds or more for a page to open. This is just too long. Any idea what is happening?

I don't notice these delays anywhere other than here.

Ha

Same here. I wonder if it is traffic load from other "sites" hosted on the same server. Sometimes I sit down here, and it's not worth bothering with, so I leave.

HaHa said:
The last few days I have noticed that it takes ten seconds or more for a page to open.
Hunh, same here.

I thought Hawaii was having cable problems again. Apparently it's not just me.

No, it's universal. At least one error message from firefox said that it was having trouble accessing the database (it found the site just fine).

Bunch of slow problems, getting response errors when posting and having to re-post, and several times where the response got so slow I had to go outside and do actual work instead...

Same here, sometimes takes a minute to get from page to page.

Ditto -- I'll test with this post...

...moderately slow today -- 10 seconds to post this (should be about 2 seconds). Recently I've had some that seem like a minute or so.

We are on the road and I briefly checked in yesterday. The site was so slow I didn't hang around--I thought it was my cell phone connection. Today it is speedy. I'll send Andy a message.

I haven't had any problems. Of course I have an easy button :LOL: :LOL:

Martha said:
We are on the road and I briefly checked in yesterday. The site was so slow I didn't hang around--I thought it was my cell phone connection. Today it is speedy. I'll send Andy a message.

I also noticed that it is back to normal today.

ha

It got WORSE today. I've experienced numerous time out this morning. About 10 minutes ago, I could not even connect to it.

Same here. Really slow earlier.

But I just returned from lunch and it seems ok.

ha

Absolutely crawling. I'm getting a quarter of a page at a time with 10 second to 2 minute delays between chunks. Almost unusable.

I wonder if this is a subtle reminder to send in your contribution or clicking more on ads or both.

I appologize for this slowdown. We had MySQL crash on one of our servers and had to off load our sites onto the machine that is running E-R temporarily. Then we had to tweak this server because all the php caching was filling up and slowing things down.

We have one last site to move off the other melted down server and then we will be able to get the OS reinstalled and hope to have it back online before the end of the week. We also ordered a new server from Dell today. For those of you who like technical stuff the new server is a Dual Quad Core Xeon w/ 4GB of RAM. It should be very fast and delivered within a week or two.

As I said, I am very sorry for this, I know it sucks to have to deal with slow page loads. Thanks for your patience while we recover from this meltdown.

Andy

Some of us might have been able to help you with a new fire breathing machine ;)

Thanks for the heads up. That new box should do well enough.

At least you didnt buy one of those AMD machines that bite and catch fire.

This site is very, very slow again today!

What's happened?

Gonzo

Back
Top Bottom