This is one nasty east coast storm

dumpster56

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Man even down here in the carolinas we are getting pounded by heavy rain and winds over 40mph. Almost 5 inches of rain here since last night monster thunderstorms up to the last hour ago.

It was 81 degrees at 3pm and now it is 43 degrees. Still raining like crazy.

Man the planet is trying its best to throw us all up!

I think good ole earth is sick of us moronic humans!

Oldbabe said:
Glad that someone else brought this up. Moronic is right and the earth can a powerful adversary, better to have as an ally. Here's a great article by Thomas Friedman in the NY Times Magazine today. "The Power of Green"
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/15/magazine/15green.t.html?_r=1&ref=magazine&oref=slogin

He seems to be on point many times, that Friedman guy..

But alas the american who says I need my SUV because my kids play soccer!!!

I need the room...

Yea for your oversized fat american mcDonalds fed arses!

Yep, we're getting pounded up here in Boston too. I feel bad for the marathoners, they have a long cold wet run ahead of them.

Dh bought an extra sump pump last week, ours sounded a little tired, figured with 5+ inches of rain on the way we'd better not push our luck. So far we haven't needed it, the old one is going strong but the puddle (pond) in the back yard is growing by the minute. Even the dog didn't want to stay out very long, did his business and ran back in the house.

I was at Home Depot at 7am I should have known that they opened at 6am. As soon as I walked in I saw the huge sign PUMPS ISLE 9. We got 5 inches in the last 24hrs. here in the Hudson Valley with another 1-2 expected today.

Thank God for B-Dry, had that system installed about 10 years ago. Great investment. Our finished basement is bone dry and the high capacity pump is s running like mad. The kid's house is a different story. Their basement is flooded. I'll be pumping it out for the next couple days.

Cold ,rainy/snowy here in Pa. Just glad I"m on the inside looking out at this mess and not having to commute anywhere today.

Dh just called, sisters cellar has water (6 houses up from us) he's on his way to help her. A huge rotted pine tree in my ex bil's yard (the house behind us) finally came down but knocked out power to everyone from his house down because it landed smack dab across the road. The electric co will probably have to cut power to everyone on the street to get it taken care of. Wires are down, telephone pole is down, wires are pulled from the to nearest houses. I told dh to fire off the generator to make sure it's working, thankfully dad also has one as a backup. I don't know if I'm glad I'm at work or not, hate to miss the excitement at home but also don't want to listen to dh complain.

I feel really badly for you folks caught in this monster storm. Hope everyone is safe and undamaged.

I'm constantly reminded that weather and natural catastrophes are everyone's problem, be it earthquakes, hurricanes, brush fires, tornados, whatever.

Back
Top Bottom