Ticker Factory hack :)

HobbyDave

Recycles dryer sheets
Everyone who posts here has probably seen those cute little tickerfactory tickers in people's sigs. 7 months until retirement, that kind of thing.

Well, I tried to make one for myself, but the dropdown for events only had until the year 2010 or something like that, making it impossible to have a longer term ticker (and many of our retirements are longer than a few years away, sadly enough)

Here's how to make a longer length ticker for those technically proficient enough to use firefox extensions.

You can download the "Web Developer" add-on for firefox (easy enough to search for). Then under the "Forms" dropdown, there is an option called "Convert select elements to text inputs". This basically changes the dropdowns to text boxes. Doing that on the year dropdown page allows you to just type in your retirement year/month/day. Then the ticker will be happily generated with your new long term retirement date.

Easy enough, and so I thought I'd post it.

don't know what the implication might be, but your sailboat is headed in the wrong direction!

guess you don't want to go with the snail, eh? might be slower, but at least headed in the right direction

Back
Top Bottom