New and some info

mikex

Dryer sheet aficionado
Hi all. I'm considering retiring early (55 or before) but have a few questions and found this forum. I have worked for an Aerospace company for 22 years, and luckily have built up a decent 401k/IRA and also have a pension plan. No kids or wifey, just two cats and they don't need to go to college, so pretty low income requirements.

Anyways, I want to ask a pointed question, but I'll start it in the appropriate place in the forum. I guess I can post actual numbers for all your kindly advice :)

So thanks in advance and hope to learn a few things. :)

Welcome aboard mikex! You can learn lots and share as well. We have a good time and now & then have a lot of entertainment poking a bit at each other.

Welcome to the board- I look forward to hearing more about your situation! Tracy

Welcome to the board. Any idea of what you plan to do once freedom from the drudgery of work is removed from your life?

DangerMouse said:
Welcome to the board. Any idea of what you plan to do once freedom from the drudgery of work is removed from your life?

I like doing remodelling so plan on tearing into my house, and having plenty of time to do the work right. Who knows what else?

mikex said:
I like doing remodelling so plan on tearing into my house, and having plenty of time to do the work right.
The best part of that is not having to finish the job before your vacation ends. You can work during the cool morning, knock off for lunch, and screw around the rest of the day if desired!

Not, of course, that I'm avoiding any current home-improvement projects of my own.

Back
Top Bottom