How many mixed drinks can be made with these products?

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
So, we are going on vacation in a few weeks...7 days in a beach house in kitty hawk nc. I am the designated booze guy...so i have to be prepared. Already on the list are:

Bacardi Rum
El Toro Tequila
Triple Sec
Vodka
Daily's Strawberry Puree
Mrs. T's Sweet and Sour Mix
Blender
OJ

I have the ingredients for some good Daquari's/Margaritas. Long Island Iced Teas minus the Gin (still darned good!), Rum and coke, Screwdrivers

What else should I bring along to offer my fellow vacationers a good selection? Cranberry Juice might help...that opens some possibilities

Let's hear you best recipes for people who dont like the taste of alcohol...just the results!!!

I enjoy doing summer drinks with pineapple juice, OJ, and white rum or vodka with a splash Grenadine for color. If feeling strikes I buzz it with the stick blender and make a grown up slushy.:cool:

These are perfection by the pool on a warm summers day!

Get some good gin and tonic !! Real cold tonic with a slice of lemon.

Cabo Wabo tequila, fresh lime juice triple sec add ice shake serve with broken up ice.

Never can go wrong with some top notch glenlivet for sitting on the deck watching the sunset or late nights listening to the crashing waves.

Hey have a great time.

Where's the beer?

Can't go on vacation without beer! :rant:

And where the hell is the ketamine?!?

"Get me 50cc's of Ketamine, stat! And we should probably get something for the kid, too..."

It always fun to give ketamine to some aging hippies and sit back and watch the flashbacks !!!

When you get there... don't forget the limes for Margaritas.

Triple Sec works... But a bottle of [SIZE=-1]Cointreau is nice... That along with some [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Sauza® Hornitos Reposado Tequila(nice mid-cost [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]tequila of higher quality -- 100% Blue Agave) makes excellent Margaritas!

Shake that up with a little ZZTop on the beach and you my friend have yourself the makings of a great afternoon. Yes that right go ahead and get started early... someone else can drive!

And if you are feeling adventuresome... Skip the lime and Cointreau. Go right for the shot. But watch it... that NC sun is hot. Guess you better have a Beer also. Put the lime in there!
[/SIZE]

lots of lemons and limes!!! i second the cranberry juice too...

Hmmm - I had to google ketamine.

No Bloody Mary mix for your "morning drinks":confused: :)

thefed,

F I N A L L Y a topic where I can offer an expert opinion.
Qualifications:
North Carolina beach bum
Perpetual host (same as being the booze guy)
I enjoy my work
I do this (almost) everyday

First - How many adults? Has OBX joined the ranks of other "No Booze on the Beach" communities? Also "No Glass Containers" is a biggie. Good to know in advance. Its amazing what you can put in a plastic sports bottle:D

Bring enough for a couple of days since no one will want to shop until the third day (something magical about that third day). By then you'll know who wants what.

Our crew's brews go something like this:
Early afternoon hit the beach with beers and wine coolers packed in 2 or 3 small iced insulated carry bags. No heavy, red (eyecatching) coolers.

Around 4pm its time to head back for a shower, start thinking about dinner, while horribly abusing the blender. I use two - 1 Rum, 1 Vokka. My crew can wear out any automatic ice maker. If you are going to run out of anything it will be ice:(

About 5pm its time to dress for dinner (retire that stinky tshirt and don a stinky hawaiian shirt). Cocktail time! Scotch, Manhattans, and Martini makins' are a must.

8pm or so Sunset! Beers, wine coolers, etc., etc. Anything goes but our gang seems not to want "heavy syrupy stuff" like brandies or liquers.

8am Possible hangover time:p Once again you'll need ice:D

Enjoy your well deserved week.

Have a good time but Beach Responsibly
Life IS a beach.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the ideas! Limes are a good one, i forgot that. I will try the Sauza...someone else mentioned it as a good tequila...ive tried El Toro(doesnt get me drunk??), Cuervo (2 expensive),a nd tarantula (gets me good, but tastes very rubbing-alcohol-like).

Bloody marys a re on whoever wants them...i hate them so much i cant even make them anymore

Next Friday is the day i leave...very excited. i might be flying back to cleveland though for a day to catch game 3 of the NBA Finals if its the Cavs vs. Spurs!!!! That should go over well with the family...but hey...its a once in a lifetime event

Tequila has a few basic rules.

Dont buy Cuervo anything. Its bad tequila with caramel coloring added to make it pretty.

100% blue agava only.

Reposada for drinks, anejo for shots. Although Reposada is better than what most people end up with normally.

IMO, Herradura makes one of the best tequilas. For an excellent tequila at a bargain price, look for Cazadores ("The one with the deer on it!"...where do they GET these lousy marketing people?). I can often find Cazadores at Sams Club for about $25 a bottle, and its a 1L bottle, not a 750.

Tequila Cazadores

Herradura runs $35-45 a bottle for the reposada. In a non-blind taste testing by myself and about 12 other guys at a mexican restaurant with a huge selection of tequilas, Herradura's products were universally determined to be the best. We then poured 8 shots into an intern and then put him on the phone with a customer from asia to answer some tech support questions.

Big differences you get in tequilas are 100% blue agave vs cheaper brands that may be half sugar cane or similar distillations. Some are as low as 70 proof, others 110 proof.

After that its mostly aging. Some are aged in new white oak, which may impart little or no color but produces a smooth result. Some are aged in old used bourbon casks, which imparts a lot of flavor, a lot of color, and also smooths the result.

However, a non-aged 100% blue agave tequila thats well made...still can be pretty dang good.

I verified today that my local costco also has the 1L cazadores reposado for $29.

At that moment my wife reminded me that we had a half a bag of limes at home with no plans for them, so with that compulsion (and I made her twist my wrist a little), we got a bottle.

Not complicated.

I mix rum with 7-Up/Sprite/etc. Bacardi Limon rum is the best with this, and it's good with coke if you like lime coke.

I mix vodka with vanilla coke. Or, vanilla vodka with coke is even better.

Sorry, I don't get any more complicated than that. You must be sippin' and not drinkin'. :cool:

*gulp*

If you're really up for adventure, the best summer drink is a Mojito.

Hardest part is trackin' down some spearmint leaves.

-CC

Last edited:
A second for the mojito.

As far as the spearmint...guess what I have a sea of growing in the side yard of my old house...and I transplanted a tub of it to the new house...

well tonight i mixed 1 oz tequila, 1 oz triple sec, 1 oz bacardi rum, 1 oz vodka, 3oz strawberry puree, and some ice and made my OWN margarita....

mmmmmm...mmmm....mmmmmmmmmmm

While all the above liquors are fine, you gotta bring along some bourbon. Nothing better than a cold, cold Maker's and Ginger ale while sitting on a deck looking out at the ocean. Maker's is a good bourbon that really isn't that expensive when you compare it to Booker's, Baker's, etc.

the pureee is what i make margaritas with...daily's i think

(sigh)

I'm sorry sir, but we're going to have to revoke your Man License. You know the rules...nothing sticky, green, thick, or with fruit/umbrellas.

Come on...hand it over...we dont want any trouble here...

;)

cfb - you can pour it in the ice cream maker and call it dessert!

haven't tried it yet, but we're bbq'g tomorrow, i'll lug the machine over to my mom's house and throw some of the above into the pot and turn it on!

Back
Top Bottom