Independence Day

Coach

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
From the United States Declaration of Independence:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

For those of you not from the US who might not know, July 4 is the date we celebrate as Independence Day.

I'm especially pleased that the declaration includes the "pursuit of happiness" -- what a wonderful thing to base a nation upon!

Best wishes to all today, Independence Day!

Coach

Wikipedia: The United States Declaration of Independence

Thanks Coach!

Our freedom's are certainly something to cherish.

I am at work at Mega-Corp land since I have a call with the UK and used up my time off on family reunions. My choice so I can live with it.

i'm so narcissistic, um, i mean, dedicated to the pursuit of happiness, um, i mean, patriotic that tomorrow's my 2nd year anniversary of no work. i wanted to quit on independence day but the office was closed. you didn't expect me to quit on the 3rd and not get my last paid day off, did you?

I was just thinking and Th. Jefferson and John Adam died this afternoon 181 years ago. 50 Years to the day that we declared our independence. That fact always amazed me.

Back
Top Bottom