Why Were My Polls Deleted?

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Recently, I posted two polls concerning whether the forum should be run as a democracy or as a dictatorship. These polls followed from the temporary closing of Sam's poll, when Andy said "The reason I closed the poll is because [sic] the policies of this forum are developed by me and a group of trusted advisers (the admins and moderators). This is not a democracy."

Somewhere else in that thread, Andy said "We are not censoring you in any way. We are only preserving what you post." Well, my poll was not preserved, it was deleted. I never even got to see how people voted.

So what's going on? Was the poll offensive? Are we not allowed to ask others how they feel about how the forum is run? Did Andy delete the poll? What is he afraid of?

If I post my opinion that we should have a say in how the forum is run, will it be censored (deleted)?

BTW, I don't care that much about the 15 minute editing limit that I originally brought up. I just thought it would be convenient to be able to edit old posts. The Reagan quote was just for fun. But we should be able to discuss things like this without censorship, don't you think?

Why did he delete it?

Not to give you a hard time, Martha, but IMO Andy should be the one responding, not you or any od the other long-suffering mods.

I was not aware the poll had been moved, not to mention restored.

Maybe I missed something since I've been otherwise busy and am scanning things pretty fast on the board this week.

I am very glad it was restored.

Not to give you a hard time, Martha, but IMO Andy should be the one responding, not you or any od the other long-suffering mods.
Please see my response in the link that Martha posted. I did not delete the thread but moved it so I could get their opinion on what to do. Al posted a second poll and that was left in place (link).

As for the "long-suffering mods" comment, that's very true. They have donated a tremendous amount of time and patience in handling situations over the years. I am saddened to think that they have had to suffer for helping out.

Back
Top Bottom