Recommendation for HSA account

A854321

Recycles dryer sheets
Employer will be changing our health insurance to high deductible HSA account, they pay the yearly contribution.

Now, to chose the financial institution to become the account custodian?

I know of a small employer who changed from Chase Bank to USBank because Chase was nickel and diming them on withdrawl fees.

Any other ideas? In good health, and would not plan to use the funds for anything other than major medical expenses.

HSA via VFW membership

I know we have lots of veterans on this board, so I am just passing on the link for HSA's that was listed in an e-mail I recieved this morning. No personal recommendation, but I am curious how it might pan out for those searching for appropriate coverage.

Veterans of Foreign Wars

Keep around 2 years medical expenses in a CD or cash type investment. Then invest the rest aggressively.

If 2 years expenses in CDs, ladder 4 CDs, each maturing every 3 months, for example.

I will be opening a HSA account with Patelco Credit Union.
  • Fee $1/month
  • Money Market 5.12%
This seems to generate the highest net interest. The only potential problem is that Patelco Credit Union is privately insured by American Share Insurance up to $250,000 per account.

Oliver

I have a year's premiums at Cattle Bank, which pays ~5% with no monthly fee.

The rest of my HSA funds are at Health Savings Administrators in the Vanguard Wellington fund.

Back
Top Bottom